1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-108 Trouble

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by kneeland, Apr 29, 2005.

1. kneeland

kneeland Member

I recently purchased a new Pioneer DVR-108 and installed it by using the manual and the computer doesn't seem to recognize it. If I insert a DVD to play(not record) it says that the specified drive is invalid or somethin like that. I'm not really that knowledgeable on the techincal stuff for drive troubleshooting but if anyone could just give me any suggestions on what to do I'm sure I could figure it out. I guess the easiest way to solve this problem is for someone to guide me through a normal installation and what settings I need to use on my computer to get this thing working. I'm running Windows 2000 SP4, 256MB ram.

Thanks in advance, Greg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  2. anlife

anlife Member

i have the same burner running with winXP sp2. I install it myself too. I think you should make sure that the jumper on the back of the drive is set correctly to either CS,SL,MA. I use mine as SLAVE becuz its coonected to a HDD. If its a single drive, set it to MASTER. In your CMOS check your Drive settings and enable your IDE Drive.???

3. kneeland

kneeland Member

I set the jumpers correctly. I then tried it in another computer with XP SP2, 30GB HDD, 256 MB and it worked fine. I still cannot seem to get it to work on the other computer runnin on Windows 2000. So i guess you can say I've narrowed it down to being something I set on the computer thats causing it to not work. When I put a DVD in it pops up an error saying that "Access to specified path, device, or file denied" or something like that. I think that its a problem with the registry or somethin but Im not sure if that would have a major effect on why the drive won't run the disc if I try and open the player manually. If anyone knows anything about this error please help me out. Thanks

Where are the CMOS settings?

PS what is CMOS

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  4. anlife

anlife Member

well since the computer recognize the drive when you insert the dvd. Do you have the same software running on both computer? software that you use to run your dvds? CMOS is the setting to your hardware when you first boot up your computer you'll see a little comment saying press so and so to access settings. I just think its your software conflicts or software not running correctly.

5. kneeland

kneeland Member

I attempted to run powerDVD to watch a movie on the drive but am so far unsuccessful. For some reason it recognizes the drive but I cannot get any programs to play the dvd without some error popping up. The latest error is "The procedure entry point qsystemparametersinfoa could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". I have no idea what would cause this and why this drive will not work correctly. I am near the last straw LOL. If anyone could lend a hand it is greatly appreciated. Just tell me what to do to get this thing reading and backing up DVD's. Thanks

6. whompus

whompus Active member

Sounds like an error with vb runtime library. Google for vb runtime and install it.

7. kneeland

kneeland Member

I installed VB runtime off of microsoft's website and still am getting the same error message. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks, Greg.