1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-220BK vs Samsung SH224BB/RSMS

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DiNZi, Feb 27, 2013.

1. DiNZi

DiNZi Member

Hey there,

I've narrowed down my search for a Dual Layer burner to these two models and just can't pick between them.

There isn't much price difference between the two models where I'm buying from, they are both £14 pounds / $21 dollars. I have checked some places and I don't know if they are accurate but one isn't much newer than the other both released about October (Samsung) / November (Pioneer) time.

I'd appreciate it if you could help suggest which one is the better model to go for, thanks everyone!

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi DiNZ

If you could give us a little more information we can asist you more going off brand names is not so easy everyone has different experiences with specs we can advise you which is better etc.

Just going off brand names i have used both and had no issues with either but am personally favouring Pioneer based on the length of life the piece of hardware has. I have had DVD burners in the past and even currently have got one in my current machine and its over 3 years old and it still manages to work with what ever program i use it with

3. DiNZi

DiNZi Member

Thanks for your reponse mate, I have added the model of the drives to the Title of the thread, I did try and put up some links with the specs of both but it won't allow me to add any urls. Cheers for the info though, I do also think Pioneer is more reliable and I think I might be going with the Pioneer DVR-220BK but I'll give it a few days see if I get anymore responses.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

5. john179

john179 Active member

Personally I have only ever purchased one Samsung DVD drive and that was enough. For me you can't beat a LiteOn drive although pioneer are a really solid drive but LiteOn are best value for money. I currently have one of each and the Pioneer is great for Blu-ray where the LiteOn is great for dual layer and for over burning dual layer.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

john, did you notice the dates of threads you posted in?

7. john179

john179 Active member

God know my apologies

8. john179

john179 Active member

My wife always says I'm behind the times once again my apologies will get use to this new forum lay out

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

tell your wife to give you a couple swats on the back of the head for not reading the dates & for double posting 1 minute apart.

10. john179

john179 Active member

will do

11. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If what you have done, is the worst thing you ever do, or did, in your life, you really have no problems. :)