1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-225 Recorder will not play Burned DVDs

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by thenock, Jan 25, 2005.

1. thenock

thenock Member

The Recorder had played the burned DVDs fine until today, I put a burned DVD in today, and it rejected the DVD and said "The DVD is incompatible or unreadable." So, I tried another burned disc, and the same thing happened. Then, I put in a burned disc that I watched fully without any problems the day before, and it rejected that disc too. The Recorder will play all recorded shows from the recorder itself and it will still record anything as well. Can someone please help me with this? I'm baffled to why all of a sudden this would happen.

2. Mickythin

Mickythin Member

Sounds to me like the read-eye on your dvd has become dirty. If your dvd played copys fine before hand, Then i suggest taking it apart and gently cleaning the eye OR if your unsure how to do that SAFLEY! Buy a cd/dvd cleaning kit and run that through!

3. thenock

thenock Member

So, do you think that would fix it? I unplugged the Recorder last night, and turned it on this morning. I put a burned DVD in, and it actually played. So, I decided to try out another burned DVD, the one I first had trouble with last night, and the DVD was unreadable. So, should I just buy a DVD cleaner and run it through?

4. Mickythin

Mickythin Member

Yeah thats what i would do. I had the same problem a while back. I took the cover off the dvd and gently cleaned the eye with isoproponal (cleaning fluid for tape heads ect) and it worked fine. So a cd cleaning kit should fix your problem.