1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR107 8x DVD+/-R Writer Released

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Oriphus, Jan 22, 2004.

1. IndigoBoy

IndigoBoy Member

One difference that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the Plextor has both digital and analogue audio output and the Pioneer only has analogue.

If I'm using my DVD for home-entertaiment (watching movies) I'd want to try and keep the audio signal digital, passing it out, via the SP/DIF connector on my Graphics or Audio card, to an external AV Receiver for Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding and amplification.

Just a thought...

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, true that is a downside for someone like yourself, but for the average user, i doubt they use that facility.

Aint got a clue what your on about, lol, but hey glad you like it ;-)

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

Oriphus you dam lucky jammy BISTARDO! LOL

nice shiny new pioneer 107!

sounds a dam good drive! but hearing rumours if you use hack patch firmware you get intermitant problems on dvdrs that used to run ok?

still you jammy s*d i want one!!!

BOO HOO HOO wheres me mammy!

Laters...

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The funny thing is o bought one, and then got sent one, so i had to send the bought one back, paid for postage, but i dont mind.

As with all new things, there may always be some people getting problems. I have it hacked mate with 1.05 i think and it works great. Get around 8x ripping mostly, though it does go up to 11 and 12x. Can burn 4x RiDATA at 8x without a problem. Traxdata's would only burn at 6x, which i find strange...There is a new version of the firmware out, in fact there was version 1.09, but there is now a 1.10 which people are talking about upgrading to. Why bother in my opinion, if it aint broken, never try to fix it. I cant see any other feature that the 1.1.0 has that the 1.05 doesnt. RPC 1, 12x Rip, 8x burn all - its perfect.

Also, there is a faint ring about a cm thick around the inner part of the DVD after burning. Myself and another Ad User think it may be a burn at 6x that goes to 8x after a bit. The thing is, the burns still only take 6-7mins for DVD, so im not sure. May try to find out.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i am still burning away with me 106 with the original firmware what ever that is!!

not a problem here! i use bulqpaq orange at 9.99 at present for 25 generation 4 i think?

excellant!

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk

i wont be buying 107 - 14 mins is fine at the mo!

also try nero v5 with the nero trick! to see the actual write speed as it burns see if it jumps around the 6x 7x 8x mark?

WATCH IT BURN IN REAL TIME!!!!

search here for NERO TRICK and the thread should pop up! for details!!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    http://dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats a good idea, is it in Nero 6 as well? If so where abouts? Be interested to see. Bulkpaq Oranges????? And they work ok??? lol

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

yes i used over 50+ now of bulqpaq oriange but the latest version "GENERAION 4"

no to nero v6 for nero trick i treid to get it but it wont do the same!!

8. zoidy

zoidy Member

Greetings from a newbie – love this forum guys, plenty of constructive (talking-to-the-layman) advice.

I’m posting to this thread because I’ve just bought a Pioneer 107, and I must say it seems worth the investment – I had a couple of issues to start but I’m new to recording on DVD-R and I’m still learning (I'm sure you guys have been there!)

Anyway, I’d like your opinion on a couple of things please, if you don’t mind giving me a couple of minutes of your time – just to help me on my way…

1. The unit has firmware 1.05 on it – is it worth looking for newer firmware? I want to start using the unit at a greater copying speed, but as yet my copying software (Nero six by the way) only lets me record at X4.

2. Is this a media problem? I’ve ordered discs with a Ritek G-04 dye; I’m told this is the way to go…? What do you guys think?

3. I shrink my home DVD’s with “DVD-shrink 3.5 beta) Is this software any good – or is there better out there?

4. I then recode using Nero six (nice interface by the way…) Do you guys think I can use anything better?

Last but not least – this drive rocks – its soooo quiet I thought there was a problem with it, worth the investment – for you guys in the uk, the cheapest I could find the drive was £108 total including next day delivery from www.digitalpromo.co.uk cheap disc prices too.

Thanks fella’s

Zoidy

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

i didnt know nero only seeing 4x? even with 8x discs?

i think you need the hack firmware to get the 8x on 4x stuff,

media you will need 8x without a hacked firmware and trail and error with hacked firmware and 4x media

i use dvd shrink 315 i think it is now? and nero to burn v5 nero not v6

also if i get a problem disc its dvd decrytor for that...

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Digital promo is great, they had it for £97 including delivery a while back for a weekend only. The discs i would get are RiDATA discs at 4x. I upgraded the firmware to the one in the link here. It lets me write the RiDATA discs at 8x without any bad effects, the media is still perfect. I agree with your software choices also:

http://flashman.rpc-1.com/Firmware/...107Dv1.05_RPC-1+12xRip+8xDVD-R_WINDOWS_XP.zip

11. zoidy

zoidy Member

ahhhhhhh -
    now call me an old stick in the mud - but I love Win98, everything I've ever wanted from it it's delivered... hence, "I 'aint got Xp" - yet.

Will this firmware work with my op98 system?

By the way, the disc's you've suggested are on order, good price too at 17 quid - thanks for the tip, used Digitalpromo.com - what a great service. WILL BE USING THEM AGAIN, I was using ebuyer, until I had to RMA an optorite (yuk) DVD writer... The after sales is terrible - like dealing with robbie the robot lol (showing my age. eh?)

They took 2 weeks just to accept my RMA for re-processing, digital processing were instant almost, nextday!!!!

ZB

12. zoidy

zoidy Member

OK,
    The firmware I've downloaded is "FW110EU.EXE"
    Is this right? Will it work with win98?
    Can you also point me in the right direction on installing this...

Thanks

Zoidy

P.S. - I've also updated to the latest DVDshrink - thanks for the advice

13. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

Just installed this drive on friday. I had been using tdk440n. Thanks to this forum I decied to go with the pioneer a07/107 instead of the new tdk 880. I must say I love this drive almost 200 burns now. With the patch installed and using ritek 4x -r. I can only get it to burn at 6x reliably. But it sure beats 4x and it can burn them at 8x but the video skips. Thanks everyone and massive props to Oriphus. you must spend many hours on the forums.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey, thanks, ill let you into a secret. You dont need to spend hours on this forum, just put in a good few hours onece or twice a week and it pays off. I get free media and free hardware/softeare from various companies to test, so its an incentive in itself. Its about 3.30am here at the min, im well drunk, just in after a night out and im psotingg - u know ther crack :)

6x is a decent speed in the long term anyway for 4x media.

15. kaushik

kaushik Member

hi, i have some 4x g04 -r dvds, and i have a pioneer 107, and i was wondering how i can burn at 6x as nero only lets me burn at a maximum of 4x, can u suggest any other programs that would let me burn at a speed hogher than 4x thanks

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You will need tog et the hacked firmware to burna t a faster speed wit them. A link is on the very first post.

17. zoidy

zoidy Member

thought I'd add in a couple of extra pointers - but first... "AFTERNOON - ORIPHUS! HOPE YOUR ENJOYING YOUR HANGOVER", "anyone who pisses it up til 3am then logs on to give advice deserves to be shouted at lol.

I'm using the latest DVD shrink 3.1 with this drive guys - and although my system "froze" once during the lead-out it hadn't killed the disc it was writing too... phew! I suppose the software is to blame for that anyway! But I am impressed with the GUI with this latest version - it latches onto the nero burning engine and cuts out using Nero later.

I'm still learning to use this drive but I managed to install the latest 1.10 patch - no problems on win98, self extracted and all that -

So far I've cut a dozen discs with no issues - Datawrite yellow cheapies... but the quality is A1.

I'm still not sure of why Nero 6 will only give me the option of X4 on the drop down list before writing, unless the software is clever enough to read and judge for itself the maxumum write speed - if it is, well done Nero!

All in all - this drive is great, if I can use it - then anyone can - GO ON, TREAT YOURSELF TO THE MONSTER! It's worth the cash...

Zoidy

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

correct me if i'm wrong but the v110 patch is the pioneer original? you need the HACK firmware to get 8x ???

oh i get it! original firware is fine as long as you have the app to go 8x and the media!!

hack firmware for making 4x go to 8x burn!!

arh ha!

Thx...
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    ITS THE BULKPAQ ORANGE "GENERATION 4" GUY www.ukdvdr.co.uk
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    http://dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  19. zoidy

zoidy Member

yeah - correct him if he's wrong (lol?)
    is this right? If you are, where is this hack crack?

Headache now ;-(

Zoidy

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004