1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR107 8x DVD+/-R Writer Released

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Oriphus, Jan 22, 2004.

1. kaushik

kaushik Member

thanks for ur help guys u are really helpful

2. kaushik

kaushik Member

ime loving my pioneer 107d drive now that i can purn at apporiximately 6.5x, its really good, do u think it would effect the quality of my dvd?

And one more question, if u burn on a g04 dye dvd, does it matter what brand the actual dvd is, because i thought that the brand or colour of the tops does not matter as long as you have the same dye?

thanx

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey Zoidy, forgot i posted at 3.00am. Oops, atleast you can make out what im saying this time. There is quite a history of me getting completely pissed and posting on the forum. All you have to do is a few strange searches (like sexy Oriphus) and you'll get my meaning lol: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/45317

4. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

Oriphus is okay in my book. Every question I've had he's been able to answer or point me in the right direction. Anyway, this may be a bit off topic, but I found a place state-side that handles the Ritek disks. It's meritline.com and the accept PayPal & Yahoo wallet. I bought 10 Ritek 4X DVDplusR disc w/ jewel cases for US$15.90. They also sell them in lots of 25, 50, 100. I figure since I'm just getting started doing DVD backups of my PC and Oriphus said Ritek is cool, I'd try some.

5. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

Ok I just purchased my 2nd Pioneer a07/107 awsome drives. I am getting media Ritek from Meritline.com and they burn up to 8x. after the drive is updated wiht the hack firmware. I am only burning the full movies at 6x though. 8x seamed to studder/skip etc. but 6x is great. a full disc in 10:30 sec not too bad.
    Oriphus have you put 2 of the same drive in 1 system and used nero with multiple drives selected??? I just dit it and 1 disc can burn at 10:30 in both drives or 2 disc's at the same time take 13:20. still way better than 4x. just wondering any suggestions on getting them both to the faster single time.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, thanks for the kind comments RealGomer, you will be very happy with the Ritek media, especially if you can get some RiDATA's.

Hi Preyzuess, I havent actually put two drives into the one unit but i am aware of the good implications that it has. To better ensure a fast writing speed, it is best to have the DVD Writers on seperate IDE Channels. I, myself have no real need for it, but it is great for many people. In fact i was reading a discussion on how best to do it on this forum less than a week to do. Unfortunately i cant remember what post it was in. My advice is to start a new post with the question:
    "Burning on multiple Drives using Nero (Pioneer DVR107 x 2)" and you should get an answer. Best of luck with it ;-)

7. zoidy

zoidy Member

Common sense and logic will tell you that the best way to connect ANY two optical drives is like this...
    IDE 1 (on the motherboard) - to - the optical 1(set as slave) then down to the HARD DRIVE (C;\ Drive), (set as master)
    IDE 2 (on the motherboard) - to - the optical 2(set as slave) then down to the second HARD DRIVE (set as master) If you don't have a second hard drive - just set the optical to master.
    Date will flow much easier between devices like this - it will also reduce the risk of your PC crashing.

Regards

Zoidy

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]It takes two wrong's to make a right... But two Wrights to make an airplane![/small]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  8. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

I have it connected just like that. but the time is longer if both drives burn at the same time. 6x on 1 drive is 10min30sec if I use both drives it takes 13 mins. I think I need to buy a seperate Ide controller card. ant recomendations?

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

10. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

Thanks for the tip on how to install two optical drives and two HD, Zoidy. BTW... How long a cable do you use to get the connections? I have an oldy but goody Dell XPS-T running a 1.4GHz chip and two HD and soon 1 DVD+R to go with the 52X CD-RW. Mu DVD+R says to set it as Master, by the way.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I know enuff to be dangerous[/small]

11. zoidy

zoidy Member

Here we go.... lol

You'll have to check inside your machine mate, run the cable from the IDE slot up to the optical drive, (the central clip in the cable should be clipped into the optical) then the end clipped into the hard drive.

If the cable is'nt long enough - you can buy them very cheaply over the net - if your in the UK £2-£3 quid. Be careful what you buy though... cables have changed as P.C.'s have grown more powerful - make sure you buy the same one...
    By the way... If your P.C. or peripheral equipment does suggest a method of connection - you should always follow the manufacturers advice.

ZB

12. zoidy

zoidy Member

"oops - doubled up on the thread - removed it sorry"
    ZB
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It takes two wrong's to make a right... But two Wrights to make an airplane![/small]

13. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

Thx, Zoidy. Hang around here long enuff and you'll be giving Oriphus and ScubaPete a run for their money. And all of the viewers will be the winners in that race.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - he already is. Got a long way to catch up though with us :)

Im not sure how many posts i have made but i good few months ago it was just over 6,000 if i remember correctly, but you should make that up in no time ;-)

15. zoidy

zoidy Member

Thanks for the compliment guys - but I'll leave it to you experts and promise only too give advice on anything I'm sure about...

I'll pop in from time to time, if you guys don't mind - just to see what's happening.

Besides - I came here for advice remember! My 107 is working a treat by the way...

Zoidy

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its a good drive. Who really is an expert at the end of the day? We all learn from someone. I'll learn new things everyday from reading some answers...

17. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

I think I may have just run into "my" first problem with the hacked 107 drive.

For the first time EVER, while using shrink the disk failed to burn correctly. I don't know if it a shrink issue or what but, Ihave never had any problems using shrink and having a disc fail to burn.

I will try it one more time and see if it was just an anomaly or if there is some sort of problem burning through shrink using nero.

Anyone else with a hacked 107 using shrink and nero 6 have a problem with 8x yet?

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I had a problem originally with Record Now, changed over to the Nero 6 and it was solved. Let us know how u get on...

19. stamnes

stamnes Guest

I just got a 107 and I can't burn higher than 1.6x on Memorex DVD-R discs. The machine I have the burner is running Windows 2000 server. I flashed it up to the newest firmware and it is still doing the same thing. I am going to go buy some different discs and try it. Just not sure why it won't burn 4x rated memorex's higher than 1.5

20. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

Well, I tired again and everything worked perfectly. Maybe it was just a bad disc, a conflict of some sort, that particular movie (sinbad for kids)or just bad luck. In any case, when burning school of rock it all worked seamlessly with ZERO compression I might add.

Sorry for the false alarm.