1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR107 8x DVD+/-R Writer Released

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Oriphus, Jan 22, 2004.

1. zoidy

zoidy Member

Think that was good...
    Wait til you try the X8 patch (brought a tear to me eye it did lol)

Splendid bit of hacking!

Spent ages finding the scsi number for DVRFlash though- Win98 and a IDE cable looking for a scsi code?!? - confused the hell out of me, But the guys at RPC1.org helped (thanks guys) 0.1.0 was the number.

Zoidy

2. karatone

karatone Regular member

I must be crazy! Today I went out and bought two more 107 bulk drives and I'm flashing them both tonight, I found that this drive does everything I need as far as movie back-ups ,data,audio and just important to me when using with Padus discjuggler software I can also back up my CD+G (karaoke)collection. I'm a working K.J and was keeping my daughter's pc around with my old Plextor scsi recorders just to be able to handle my CD+G stuff ,but this drive has replaced the scsi dinosaurs and so I'll i can say now is R.I.P !!!!

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all you 107 guys!

Ok heres some trivia for ya!

I bought my DVR106D when they first came out! it cost me £200 for a bare drive!!! but the internet company cocked up and sent the money back to my account, so i had a free drive!

now this 107 cost say about £100 so you guys got twice the speed for half the price! very nice!

Also pioneer at the seminar show thingy in USA tested a 106 with just a firmware upgrade to write a DVDR DVD9 yes you heard me right guys! DVD9

so what is this 107 capeable of? as they obviously think of the future pioneer and not the now! very nice people very nice....

Thx....

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its even less now - only £79.99 from BigPockets.co.uk

Havent burned any G03 discs in it yet.

5. chichicha

chichicha Guest

I have bought the Pioneer DVR107D Black OEM from www.dabs.co.uk. I tried to update the firmware but i failed all the time. Then i download the CHKRW and run it, it told me that, "No DVD-RW drive was not found", and i download the firmware and run it, then it told me,"Available targer is not found." I also tried to hack the firmware, but it said,"this drive does not appear to be pioneer dvr drive."

I got this infomation from the hack flash;

Drive Information:
    Description - ST340016A
    Firmware Rev. - 3.19

Please help me. Thank you.

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Hahaha...
    Trying to flash a Seagate Barracuda hard-drive with the firmware for a Pioneer 107 DVD Writer....

That has to be a classic :O
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

[bold]Drive Information:
    Description - ST340016A
    Firmware Rev. - 3.19[/bold]

Do you know i thought that serial code looked familiar!

lol....

8. Slofire

Slofire Member

make sure your drive is set to master on the secondary IDE, and check to make sure if the same in the bios and try again....if you have a second optical drive, just unplug it till the flash is done, easiest way to do it

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

That is quality - ill have to try that myself lol

10. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Member

HI everyone. I know this isnt about the dvr-107 but I currently have the DVR-105 and Im hainv g problems burning at 4x. Ive tried Ritek g04s and Memorex and neither one will burn at 4x. I can only burn at 2x. I used to be able to burn at 4x but now I cant. Ive even gone as far as formatting my hard drive to see if that helps but no luck. I ordered the 107 from livewarehouse.com for 119 shipped so I shuould be in business again soon. Anyone have any Ideas why I cant burn at 4x with my 105?
    Thanx

11. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

Just bought my 3rd a07/107 I love this drive !!!! slowly replacing my TDK 440n's....

12. brimx

brimx Member

i dont understand. im using memorex dvd+r 4x discs, and it already happened twice that it says cannot perform end of disc at once.

i have the dvr-107 and the only succesful discs that it has burned so far, are the memorex dvd+rw 4x.

can someone tell me what im doing wrong. im just burning an image file onto a dvd using nero.

thanks

13. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Member

I just installed my DVR-107. I have both of my drives little jumpers on cable select. Is this OK to have them like this? ANd where can I find that hacked firmware?
    Thanx,
    Black Dawg

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

thats a no to cable select! it should be MASTER or SLAVE !

you need one master & one slave on a single cable?

if separate cables use master on both"!

thx

not quite sure what cable select is? but it not used usally!

here you go!

HACK FIRMWARE !!!!

http://flashman.rpc-1.com/Firmware/...107Dv1.05_RPC-1+12xRip+8xDVD-R_WINDOWS_XP.zip

enjoy...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    ITS THE BULKPAQ ORANGE "GENERATION 4" GUY www.ukdvdr.co.uk
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    http://dvdshrink.info
    http://dvdshrink.info/compilation.php 2 dvds in 1[/small]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  15. bakercool

bakercool Member

chichicha - I am pretty tired, so I hope I make sense. I read in the zip file, that you have to edit the .PIF file if your drive letter is not "G" (notice the CAP). You may want to look into that (The README.TXT file in the .ZIP folder).

BlackDawg - You must select 1 to be the Master. After that, you can choose Cable Select OR Slave. They are really the same dam thing after you have made the Master.

Oriphus - Others (ie Flashman/NIL/ETC), I bought my 107D when it first came out. Talked my buddy into buying it even before I got mine in the mail. I burnt out my Toshiba 5002 after about 500 movies. So far this one is really kicking butt (real quite too!). Anyways, I would like to thank you guys for all the help you have been to everyone. I am just about to upgrade my firmware to the 1.10 Hacked. I am a Network Administrator for the US DOD. I am always helping people out with the stupidest (this is where that word bites me in the butt!!) questions. I know, if I have any problems, I can turn to you guys, my "107 Buddies", and you guys can help me out with my "Stupidest" questions. Thanks guys for being here for us!!!!!!!!

16. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Member

bakercool

I have made my dvdr the master drive and my dvdrom the slave. DVDR is drive E: and my DVDrom is drive D:
    What is the best way for me to do this firmware hack?
    Thanx

17. bakercool

bakercool Member

BlackDawg - Uhh Ohhh.. Bad news..... Instead of changing the .PIF File to read "F" Drive (my 107D Drive Letter) I changed the Drive letter to "G" (its a lot easier). It flashed perfectly, no errors, or problems. I then changed back my Drive Letter to "F" and rebooted. I just tried to burn a Backup I had ready (I burned it right before so I could see a differnce in the same movie.) *The Matrix* ;P

Unfortunatly, It just gave me an error on the very first one. I am using CopyToDVD (works great usually). It said something like "write error on section 765" or something like that. I didn't really pay attention.

I don't give up easily, so I put in another disk (same brand/batch) and instead of taking 52 Mins, it only took 7 MINS!!! HOLY SH*T BATMAN!!!! lol These disks are like Generic 1X, and from the looks of it, they are burning at 8X!!!! I have it playing in the background, I don't know if they skip or not, I will let you know how the quality is (wow.... 8x!!!!) lol, how cool is that?? You guys are the greatest!!!!

So, for some quick help on using the firmware upgrade, Download the Hacked 1.10 version. follow the directions in the readme. Instead of changing the file, I changed my drive letter (start, settings, control panel, administrative tools, Computer managment, Disk Managment. Next locate your DVDR at the bottom (probably called CD-ROM 0, LEFT click on it, choose "Change Drive Letter And Paths". Select "G" from the drop down menu. Then you just click on the "FLASH" file that came with the firmware Zip file. You can change it back when you are done, or just leave it (doesn't matter too much as most programs automatically read for the drive anyways. I did change it back cause it only takes less then a min anyways). I really hope this helps ya out dude!

Lastly, I just ordered some SKY Disks. They are selling 2 brands right now @ YesBuy.net. There is:

"SKY"
    100pcs ($0.52 each) of the "4X" DVD-R (recordable) media without case provides reliable and cost effective format for data recording, distribution, and storage, A single-sided DVD-R disc can store up to 4.70 GB.
    Compatible with Pioneer DVD Writers.
    Manufacturer: SKY (Silver Top/Purple Bottom)"AN31"
    *Free Shipping and Handling Fees for 25pcs or more.

and

"SKY PRO"
    Excellent Quality SKYPRO DVD-R 4.7G 120min (4X, 2X, 1X). Highest compatibility with writers and players. ($60. USD for 100, $0.6 each)
    Top Surface: Shiny Silver
    High Quality coating on recording side: Azo Dye "AML"

Please notice the Codes "AN31 & AML" I did a lot of searching to see if the Pioneer 107D would handle these, and how good they were after burned. I found a cool website that describes how most DVDR's were handled by the 107 (http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/137/5) goto bottom... I ordered both Sky, and Sky Pro Disks (25 each). I will burn a few of each, test thier quality/realiablity and get back to you guys. I don't know about you guys, but if I can get DVDR's for 1/2 the price, I am ALL OVER IT! :) <---Cheap Bastage. If yall have tried some Cheapies, and had them work great, please let me know. I usualy use PriceWatch.com to get my Disks, and have found YesBuy.net Usually has some of the cheapest.

Lastly, I would like to dedicate this "NOVEL" to all of those of us that were Smart enough to buy and Outstanding DVDRW drive! Moreoever, thank those highly inteligent individuals that make firmware that ROCKS and makes it free (which is what most of the internet should be anyways!) Talk to ya soon....

*Steps away from the keyboard....*

18. bakercool

bakercool Member

Just when you thought I was done huh??? :) Hey, I just tested that DVD I backed-up. It works great! I checked the ID with DVD Info Pro, and it said "LD". Does this mean Lead Data? Also, I had a stack of DVDR's that didn't work before. After I flashed it it burns them. It took about 30 mins, so I am thinking it is burning them at 2x? This ID was MXLRG01 which after a search on Google looks like "Maxell DVD-R 2x". If someone can let me know what brand LD is, I want to buy more! :) I am running more tests on it now using DVD Info Pro, but I am a complete newbie to this, so it may take some time. Thanks for any help! :)

19. sweed

sweed Guest

Hi there,
    I have just replaced my Plextor CD-burner with Pioneer DVR-107D, Firmware ver. 1.10. When I use DVD X Copy to back up a movie it works great,but when I change the program to Nero 5.5.10.50 it will not detect my new Pioneer 107. Do anyone know why? Please, give me a hint.

20. bakercool

bakercool Member

Sweed - I don't use Nero, however, I remember reading in this thread that someone had a problem like that. To fix it, I believe they uninstalled Nero, then rebooted and re-installed it. Then it worked for them. Good luck with it!