1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer receivers- pros, cons???

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by zachzchw, Mar 14, 2004.

1. zachzchw

zachzchw Guest

I acquired a pioneer vsx-d307 receiver. Anyone out there have any experience with this unit? Id like to know of any pros or cons you have encountered with the use of it. Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

My uncle used to have that machine. It was a Pro Logic unit if i remember correctly. It sounded good, but im afraid i cant go into more detail than that. It has good outputs, i take it you bought it second hand?

3. zachzchw

zachzchw Guest

Yeah, I got it from a guy I work with. He said he purchased it about 1 1/2 years ago, but only used it for a couple months. he had his own place, but ended up moving back home, so he had no use for it. As for outputs, it has everything I could possibly need- front, rear, center channel, sub output, and a whole slew of component outputs. Any idea where I might be able to locate a users manual? Thanks for the help.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, I checked with the AVS forum and all they can come up with is this link:
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p...B,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

Here is what one of the advanced members had to say about it:
    Hope this helps,
    Chris

5. zachzchw

zachzchw Guest

Thanks for the help. Checked it out at the pioneer website, msrp is $275, I got it for $40, so I guess I did okay! One more question- on the website it says it has 500 watts total power (100 for 2 front, 2 back, and center) but on the back of the unit it says 220w. What number should I consider the truth?

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

220w or 220Volt? On the back on the amplifier it states the voltage, maybe you misread it? The only way i can see the 500watt rating being wrong is if the website has given the measurements in PMPO, which they are unlikely to do.

7. zachzchw

zachzchw Guest

Nope, definitely says 220watts.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Does it rate it as 220Watts PMPO or RMS. What are the rated outputs of the speakers. Bare in mind, these days, speakers dont need as many watts to output a good clear and loud sound...