1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer slot in dvd rom, lite on 4x dual drive writer

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by seanwasp, Mar 5, 2004.

1. seanwasp

seanwasp Guest

i used to own a pioneer 106 and pioneer dvd rom drive and copy from copied dvd to a blank dvd easily using nero 6.0.0.11. now when ever i try copying it gets to about 70% and fails? it tells me there is an error reading the disc yet my old dvd read it fine and my dvd player plays it fine? it also speeds up when it should be reading and writing at 1x or 2x? any ideas? im really stuck, im using 2 ghz comp, ive even brought a new ide lead. help please

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I take it you're doing "on the fly" copying in which case the disc being copied needs to be read as fast as possible in order to keep a steady supply of data to the burner.

If I understand your post correctly, you used to do disc to disc copies with your slot load ROM and your 106 no problem but now when doing disc to disc with you slot load ROM and the Lite On burner it fails at 70%.

If you drive errors out reading the disc it's usually either a dirty/scratched disc or corrupt data.

DVD players will just skip errors that will cause a ROM to error out.

Many problems can be avoided by having the software write a temporary image to your hard drive.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  3. seanwasp

seanwasp Guest

i do write to the hard drive first, no i used to use a different rom but it fails on both reading from slot and driver now? it could be the disc but they used to copy fine? im puzzled