1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pionner 107d - I/0 error

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by evo07, Sep 22, 2004.

1. evo07

evo07 Guest

hey guys... just wondering if you guys can help me.

i had my pioneer as 1.16 firmware for a few months and dvds/cds were burning fine.

one day i tried to burn a dvd and it came up with an I/0 error...

[​IMG]

then i flashed to 1.18 and i still had the same error...

i then tried alchahol 120 and no good... came up with some other error...

i think it may be something to do with "Ulead SDK or Direct Disc" or something becuase i uninstalled it but i'm not sure if this is the cause...

somebody help me plz!
    thanx in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

This is most commonly caused by packet writing apps such as InCD, DLA or Drag to Disc. Part of the way they work is to keep constant access to the drive so when another burning app needs to gain exclusive access to the drive it can't and the write process will be aborted. If you have any packet writing apps, uninstall them and see if that clears up your problem.

If that doesn't work it could also be Windows built in IMAPI burning service which also likes to keep access to the drive. It's a useless app to begin with and even more so when you have dedicated burning software installed.

IMAPI can be disabled by following these steps:

Start >
    Control Panel >
    Administrative Tools >
    Services >

Now scroll down to IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service and double click it.

In the Properties window under the General tab look for the Startup Type drop down menu and select Disabled. Click OK and you're good to go.

If, and only if, the steps above don't work you can set Decrypter to where it doesn't need to lock the drive by doing the following:

Tools > Settings > ISO Write Mode > then uncheck "Lock Volume - Exclusive Access".

By using this method you're possibly leaving yourself open to failed burns if another app requests access to the drive.

3. evo07

evo07 Guest

thanx for reply.

i don't think i have any 'packet writing' installed on my comp and i tried disabling imapi.

i'm doing a test burn atm so i'll see how it goes. the unlocking drive is only a last resort? well.. i guess i'll just have to hope that disabling the imapi service helps.

thanx for help. =D

edit: got up to 15% and came up with same error... i then tried the disable exclusive access method and it got it came up with same error only at 0%..

any other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2004
  4. Nephilim

Ok, if you disabled exclusive access and you're still getting the error then we need to look elsewhere.

It may be worth a shot to reinstall your ASPI layer. Here's a link:

http://forceaspi18.w.interia.pl/

5. evo07

evo07 Guest

ok well... i was using nero's aspi layer and now that i installed this one it doesn't detect my pioneer 107d...

HELP?

6. Nephilim

You need to tell Decrypter to look for the new ASPI. Here's how:

Tools > Settings > I/O > ASPI-WINASPI32.DLL

7. evo07

evo07 Guest

yep.. that's what it was on.

when i first installed the new layer, dvd decrypter automatically changed to it's defualt layer so when i changed it back to winaspi it didn't detect any devices...

8. Nephilim

Are you able to try the burner in another PC?

9. evo07

evo07 Guest

i could but i'd reather not. =D

i just formatted my comp bcoz it was getting so slow.. so maybe this will help the problem.

trying to burn now. i'll tell you's how it goes.

i've resorted back to the nero aspi layer.

10. evo07

evo07 Guest

EDIT: dammit.. still the same error... might have to try on my bro's comp..

11. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

I know it's not much help but whenever i have had this problem i resorted to nero and the burn carried on a ok, in my experience decrypter throws an error at the sightest thing.

12. evo07

evo07 Guest

yeah i know nero will burn bcoz it tested nero and it burned but the cd didn't work.

this is why i use dvd decrypter becoz it is more accurate but i dunno what the hell is going on because i never had an error with decrypter before and even alchahol is having problems with the bruner. =(