1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelation prob. w/ dvd import/ playback - please help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bcp, Sep 19, 2004.

1. bcp

bcp Member

I am having a problem backing up one of my dvd's. When i attempt to import and rip the dvd as an .iso there is heavy intermittent pixelation of the image both in the preview window of Nero Recode and the movie playback window of Nero Showtime. I have also tried to use DVDDecrypter and Shrink but get the same result. The strange thing is that i have backed up nearly one hundred movies and never had this problem. I don't think the dvd is defective as it plays fine my stand alone player connected to the television. it just will not play without heavy pixelation on my computer. i also don't think it is software specific as i get identical results with nero recode/anydvd and dvddecrypter/shrink. if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. bcp

bcp Member

no need for suggestions now. i went ahead did a clean install of the OS and all applications and the problem disappeared.