1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pl. Help!! Problem using VCDgear

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rahul71, Nov 17, 2004.

1. rahul71

rahul71 Member

While converting MPEG file to Cue/Bin file using VCD gear I get error 'Unable to open CDi file. Check ur confoguration.' What do i do now??

2. rahul71

rahul71 Member

Is there no one who can help me on this.??? I'm still stuck!!!!

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

In the [options] folder you can get in the main screen, go to the [video-CD] subfolder and uncheck "Add CD-i application".
    Otherwise, it you've got them on your PC, as you probably do, just click, after "Add CD-i application" to select the location of CDI_IMAG.RTF, CDI_TEXT.FNT, CDI_VCD.APP and CDI_VCD.CFG which usually are located on the \CDI subdirectory of VCDGear.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  4. rahul71

rahul71 Member

Thanx aldaco once again..
    One last help!!While burning the Cd using burn at once , it gives an error"inserted medium is not blank" even if i put a new disk. I, using a toshiba cd writert with DVD rom. Any suggestion??

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I can only suppose the program with your PC gives this problem. I would suggest you to use CDRWin: the trial version is limited to '1X' (that means 2X), but it is very good, it installs you all the needed ASPI drivers (you can get at their site also new ones), and you don't want to record a VCD 52X to prevent your DVD player to read it, is it?