1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

planning on buying a digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by mmalyszko, May 3, 2005.

1. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

im either gonna get a Sony Cyber Shot(any kind is good) or a Olympus D-545 camera. My question is which one has a better picture, shutter speed(what is shutter speed by the way), im looking for something in a range of 3.0MP to 4.0MP, also i'd love suggestions cause im willing to spend at most $200 on a digital camera

2. juliusjrd

juliusjrd Member

Try Sony Cybershot DSC P41

3. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I recently bought a Fujifilm Finepix S3500. I'm not sure what currency you are using but it is around $350-$400 in Ausutralia.it seems to be the best value for the features it has.

4. kinza

kinza Regular member

get a sony with 4 megapxels. hits the sweet spot in your wallet with the features you're gonna use.

5. DeSma

DeSma Member

I agree i was testing one out in wal-mart last week. but u may want a camara that has a Rechargeable battery. about $300.00/
    'good luck' finding the one u like.

6. kinza

kinza Regular member

i have a sony p72, came with rechargables, AND A CHARGER!!

7. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

I have a Kodak EasyShare DX7440 Digital Camera (4Mp, 4x Optical) , for £129.99, its always a bit cheaper in the USA probably about $200. Pictures are great and comes with great features, Rechargable battery and charger included! Got a 512mb SD card and now shooting 300 (I think) 4 MP pics at a time!

8. DeSma

DeSma Member

9. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I have the Sony Mavica CD350, and I love it!!! It writes directly to mini CD-R/RW (200 MB), rechargeable battery, records full motion and stereo sound, 3.2 megapixel, and you can also snap stills with a 5 second sound bite!!! I have taken over 5000 photos and I am still using the original CD-RW that came with the camera.

It is SO versatile!!! Wal-Mart has them at a decent price.

http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/OutPDir.jsp?search=mavica+cd+350&node=0&x=48&y=8

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  10. albertd25

albertd25 Member

I have a Sony DSC-P200 with 7.2 Mp resolution and I really disappointed from it ~500$ spent with other accessories. Need to soot several for one good pictures. Imagine this : a firmly camera on a tripod in the same ambient and light will give you different pictures on every shoot within a few seconds . Some will be very dark others very brights and some will be good and a big problem is also the 'motion' effect over a standing object often. I had seen new Canon models doing a very good job.