1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma and games

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by TonyTony, Dec 29, 2006.

1. TonyTony

TonyTony Guest

hi i just bought a panasonic plasma and i love it i just got into the whole HDTV scene and im really happy wit my TV. However there is that issue with burn in.. Uhm well i have the 37 inch panasonic model... the one with a built in tuner and NO PiP. Anyways i herd its a 9th generation plasma sooooooo... does that mean i can play xbox games on it? or whats the deal with it? i got it like 3 days ago

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Well, I am certainly not the expert on this, but I was watching an episode of DL.TV and they were talking about "Image Retention" with plasma displays. Anything that is stationary, especially something bright, will leave an image. Their advice was to play a full motion video on it for about 24 hours to clean it up. I may not have it exactly right, but you can go check out on of the last two episodes of DL.TV http://dl.tv/.

The last 1/3 of episode 124 talks about calibrating you TV, and one of the earlier episodes, maybe 123, talks about the burn in situation.

3. sdifox

sdifox Regular member

Plasma will burn in, though not as fast as crt. Just don't play too long on it.