1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by twhyman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. twhyman

twhyman Member

hi i have a 42" panasonic plasma not hd,the problem is channel 3 gets thin flashing lines across the screen most of the time all the other channels are great.is this an aerial problem or the plasma can anyone help
    thanks

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Since this message is 2 weeks old, I doubt anyone will see it, but I was wondering if you had anything connected that might use Channel 3 as a video output. Cable boxes and such have a channel 3 or 4 output, so could that be affecting your channel 3.

3. twhyman

twhyman Member

hi saltgrass
    thanks for the reply,my tv aerial is connected to my sky box then into my dvd recorder then into the tv.when i put the aerial direct into the tv the samething happens.
    thanks

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Since I don't work on TVs, all I can do is guess, but could there be anything else that might be causing some type of interference on that frequency?

It might just be something about the TV, but I would not know about that.

Do you have a VCR (you remember what that is ;)? You might try connecting it to the RF input and play a tape. Maybe there is something in the reception area interferring with that channel for the OTA signal.