1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Platinum activation problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Fixter, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Fixter

Fixter Member

First let me say that I have legally purchased versions of DVDXCOPY and I have all of my information available, due to an catostrphic hardware failure I am unable to use my software. I didnt even realize that 321 had closed up until I tried to reinstall my software. I have read all the posts I can find on every board and it seems I may be out of luck. All I keep seeing is refernce to an "activation patch" which I know had been discussed at one point, but I have not found it if it does indeed exist. Any ideas are appreciated. PM me with ideas...
    Thanks!

2. najime

najime Member

me too!

I have a valid purchased platinum with ripper and also the rf upgrade- should I upgrade or replace my computer is there a workaround to re activate- as I guess 321 will be gone?
    thanks

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I do know people with RF licenses are still able to activate. I just activated both Platinum RF and GamesXCopy.

@Fixter,
    Do you have activations left?

@najime,
    Did you ever get a RF license?

4. Fixter

Fixter Member

Yeah, I was able to yesterday. At the time I was doing it I am guessing that was when they were changing to the new website. Sometimes you just have to be patient I guess.

5. MikeDicl

MikeDicl Guest

I have been trying for the past 2 days to activate DVDXCopy Platinum but have been unable to connect to the server. The company from which I made the purchase stated they "just tested" the activation and it works.
    The address in the htm file generated is
    http://secure.smarterimage.com/solo/customers/offact.asp followed by the customerid and license ID.
    Is this truely the activation site? Is it still running?

MikeD

6. flip218

MikeDicl,

Double check your license and password, I know people are able to activate. Where did you buy the software?

7. MikeDicl

MikeDicl Guest

Purchased online from DVD Megapacks.com
    License and password are on sticker inside DVD case.
    Have verified entries but keep getting msg:

Activation Failed
    (4)Could not connect to server.

Get same message regardless of entries.

8. Fixter

Fixter Member

What's funny (or not dpending on perspective) is that I cannot activate with my RF codes, but I can with my old code for the ripper version but I wind up with a ripper free version. You do the math!

9. flip218

Are you using a firewall?

10. mmcmechen

mmcmechen Member

I recently bought a copy of dvdxcopy and gamesxcopy and can't get either activated. I get the following message. (2) could not connect to server.

Is there another way to activate this software, or is there some type of work around the activation process?

11. flip218

You can try to call support:
    http://dvdxcopy.com/

mmcmechen,
    Can you login to here?
    http://www.321studios.com/support.asp

If you can, use that password to activate. And double check you license info.

12. mmcmechen

mmcmechen Member

flip218,

I registered on the website, but I don't see any type of activation code listed for my software. Also, when I try to download the software from this site, I get another page stating DvdXCopy/GamesXCopy has moved here. I click the "here" link and get the same moved page and redirected to another login page. Also, I tried calling the tech support this afternoon, but after 20 minutes of listening to the recording I got tired of holding for a person(that may not even answer).

Do you have any other suggestions?

M

13. flip218

mmcmechen,

Yea ... try to activate using your license and the password you used to register on the website.

14. mmcmechen

mmcmechen Member

flip218,

I was able to register on the website using my License Id and Password. The problem is I can't connect through the software activation process when I start the application. I try the activate by phone and I don't have a password that allows me to use the $150 worth of software I have purchased.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  15. mmcmechen

mmcmechen Member

flip218,

I was able to register on the website using my License Id and Password. The problem is I can't activate the software for use.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  16. flip218

Do you mean you cannot use the online activation? Are you connected to the internet when trying this? Are you using a firewall?

17. mmcmechen

mmcmechen Member

The Firewall was the problem. I disabled Norton and it went through for both.

Thanks,
    M

18. flip218

That's good. One more thing ... it helps to read the other posts before posting. Find your first post, then look at the post before it :)

19. jriler

jriler Member

Another great reason to avoid software requiring activation. Didn't take long before something like this happened.

I knew the second the court ruling came down that 321Studios was out for the count, despite what its reps told us about releasing a patch, etc.

DVDXCopy was the last activated software I'm going to buy.

John

20. Joi

Joi Member

I am hoping you can help me in activating my DVDX copy platinum/w ripper software. I have read the messages in this thread and I have tried all the stated solutions to include: 1)turning off Norton Virus software during installation and activation process, 2)disabling firewall, 3) checking the short date format, 4)checking and uninstalling "blacklist" programs including roxio's downloadable remover to insure all Roxio programs have indeed been erased, 4)checking license number and password (located inside cover of box) and yes, double checking to insure I am indeed on line and 5)registering the product which lists I have 75 activations left. I receive the message "unable to connect to server....if problem persists contact technical support". Since technical support is no longer in existance, can anyone help me with this problem???
    Much appreciative for any info!
    Thanks