1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Platinum activation problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Fixter, Aug 2, 2004.

1. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Joi,
    When you login to that site, what ever password you use is the one you'll use to activate.

Is that the password your using?

2. jriler

jriler Member

I thought the 321Studios people were going to release a patch for folks who already had legal copies. What happened to the patch idea? Are they going to keep their 321 site up forever? Experience tells me that one day in the not-too-distant future you'll get a 404 when you try to activate. The 321Studios people have always made activation harder than it should by giving you a User Number, a License Number and password. Then they switched the terms so you don't have any idea what numbers they want.

Activated software sucks.

John

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Well right now, you still can activate ... so I don't really need a patch. I agree it would be nice, but as long as I can still activate, I don't need one.

Which site are you referring to? As far as the servers ... only time will tell (I hope so).

Very true, but what can you do? Complaining about it doesn't help :)

4. Joi

Joi Member

Flip,
    Thanks for your time. I understand that my logon password is different from the activation password issued with the software. I have tried activating the software using both without success. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    joi

5. Joi

Joi Member

After much research, I discovered a way to activate my DVD XCopy platinum software. I don't know if this process will work for you, but it did for me. First I changed the date on my computer to reflect the date that I purchased DVD XCopy from 321 (date on my receipt I received via email...Date format must be in the mm/dd/yyyy format). Then I connected to the internet via dial-up instead of highspeed (I don't know if this step is required, may be able to use highspeed connection). I opened DVD XCopy Platinum and registered using the original license and password issued with the original email. Well...what do you know...it worked. I then changed my computer's date back to the current date. I hope this helps anyone who has had similar problems activating their software.
    Joi

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004