1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play flash games from your Hard Drive

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Spider323, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to play flash games without connecting to the internet? Can I save it to my hard drive so I dont have to go on the internet every time i want to play them. Is there any way of doing this from websites like www.miniclip.com or www.2flashgames.com ?

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

2. forkman

forkman Member

Right hope this helps i've just come home from the pub pissed but anyway, go here http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash and download both players (because i can't remember which one it is) and do this.
    Go to Start/Control Panel/Internet Options/Settings/View Files/and find the flash game thats been downloaded there.(Download the game first)
    Save it to you hard drive, click on it and when it asks you what program to use to open it select Internet Explorer.
    It worked for me,Good luck

3. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Thanks for trying but this method did not work for me. Any other people know how to fix this?

4. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I too wished it possible to save flash games and movies, and a few months a ago I found two programs that allow me to save any flash file. The first program is called SaveFlash and is shareware. The second program is called Flash Saving Plugin, and is freeware, the plugin is available here: http://www.unhsolutions.net/Flash-Saving-Plugin/index.shtml

I forgot one thing: If you do not wish to use any of these programs, I understand that if you go into your temporary internet files page you can find the flash files. But I have never tested this.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]This is an amazingly imformative site with many places to find information and help. Please support it.
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  5. methane

methane Guest

I use a program called Flash Catcher

6. forkman

forkman Member

Sorry Spider I did not explain it very well last night,now this does work.
    If you find a flash game online before you play it downloads itself into the tempory internet files as a .swf file,find and copy the file to my documents or wherever and provided you have got the flash player installed all you have to do is click on the .swf file, the first time you do this it will ask you what program to use just click on internet explorer.
    I know it works because i have got a game called the addictive hellicopter game off some humor site and it is addictive.
    Try it mate:)

7. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

I downloaded the flash playing plugin and it works graet. Thanks msb5150. Forkman your way works but this way is much easier, much faster, and more things you can do with it. Forkman you should try this way its a lot better. Thanks everyone but especially msb5150.

8. jsawiuk

jsawiuk Member

Is there, by any chance a similar plugin working with Opera?