1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play games normally full screen in a window!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dustbinuk, Oct 25, 2004.

1. dustbinuk

dustbinuk Member

Right! This is not really hardware as such but I do not know where else to ask… sorry!

Is there any application out there that can play games that would normally only run in full screen mode and put them into a movable window?

Why I ask? I have Dungeon Keeper and would like to play it in a window rather than full screen. But Windows XP Pro holds no way of doing this that I can tell of!

Many thanks people! :)

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Some games you can hit ALT + Enter to switch from full screen to windowed.

For an older DOS game like Dungeon Keeper (if you had the DOS version) you might want to try DOSBox. It emulates a DOS PC with sound card.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/information.php?page=0

I have found many older DOS games that don't work on XP/2000/9x can be played using it.

3. dustbinuk

dustbinuk Member

Yeah sorry forgot to mention. It is running as a Win 95 game. So Alt + Enter do not work due to it not running in DOS. Also DOSBOX is usless for the same reason. But DOSBOX is a great emulator! :)

4. dustbinuk

dustbinuk Member

Ok in the end the solution I found was this (it's a damn long way round though!)

I had to use Virtual PC, install win 98 on it, and then install and run Dungeon Keeper in that!.

Works quite well actually! :)