1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback after encoding with DVDX

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by chooken, Apr 9, 2003.

1. chooken

chooken Member

hi,

im using DVDX to encode. it encodes fine and everything like audio and video are in sync. but the problem is when i play back the encoded dvd there is pixelisation and also horizontal lines that are constant throughout the whole file and tends to get annoying after awhile.

i can still watch the encoded file except i just wanted to know if there was anyway to get rid of the horizontal line flickers.

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I read this at Doom9.net:

Horizontal lines when playing back
    I had this error, too. Strangely the files were fine on another pc which leads me to believe that the issue is driver related. You could try to get new drivers for your video card, and to reinstall the DivX codec.

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

This one is from www.dvdrhelp.com:

How do I repair a DivX/AVI?

If you have DivX that won't play in Media Player try to use DivXFix . Run the divfix.exe in the win32 folder and just open the broken DivX and hit Rebuild Index and after the process it should work perfect.

Or try to use Virtualdub and when open you select File->Open and check Popup extended open options and open the broken DivX . A window appear check Rederive keyframe flags and hit OK.It will take some minutes. Select Video->DirectStreamCopy and Audio->DirectStreamCopy and last save the new DivX, File->Save as avi.

Or try to use Virtualdub 1.4.9 or later and open the broken DivX. Select File->Scan Video stream for errors.Select Video->DirectStreamCopy and Audio->DirectStreamCopy and last save the new DivX, File->Save as avi.

4. aka_lal

aka_lal Member

I have that problem too.

Sometimes it starts doing that right at the begining and sometimes 45 min. after a perfect viewing of the movie.

I have a second standalone player and i have no problem.

I really don't have any explanation for that.
    I've tried gear, nero, diferente media the result is the same.
    I wonder if dvdxcopy 1.5 have the same problem ??

5. chooken

chooken Member

hye,

anyways just wanted to say thanks for your replies. but i fixed my horizontal line problem. so now i can view what i ripped happily.