1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Fix Required - Please Help Me?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by luckycats, Dec 29, 2004.

1. luckycats

luckycats Member

Hello,
    I'm in dire straits here eh.
    Specs:
    Dell Dimension 8400
    Pent 4
    1GM Ram 800GB Array
    Philips DVD+-RW DVD8631 drive
    Fuji DVD-R 4.7GB
    MyDVD
    XP with SP2
    Panasonic PV-GS70 Mini-DV Camera
    Problem:
    Using IEE1394 firewire, I capture DV from my Panasonic PV-GS70. I save it into a wmv file. I make a project using Windows Movie Maker (also tried Adobe Premiere Elements) and render the file. I then use MyDVD to burn to a DVD-R. I can't get it to play back on my Samsung 3300 DVD player. I got Shrek 2 and Monsters Inc for xmas and they play back fine. I want to burn a DVD of home video stuff that will play back on my friends DVD's so we can relive some good times.

Please Help...I'd appreciate it.

I checked out these "houses" who are using DVD-5 apparently. Don't know how it differs from DVD-R or where I can buy them? Or if my burner will burn them? But they want a set up fee, and large orders etc...

Help? I bought this stuff so I could make home movies. Did I spend unwisely???

2. ogerman

ogerman Member

Get the program WinAVI you will need to convert the wmv file to a dvd type files (bup, Ivo and VOB) WinAVI is very simple to use just make sure that if your dvd player plays region 1 dvds to set to NTSC
    after that is converted you can burn to a dvd using nero express basicly you choose dvd in the top right corner then point at the yellow star and click on "make data disk" then click on the nero button at the bottom of the next window that pops up.

On the next window click file, new and choose dvd video from the left side.and then click "new" on the top right side of the window.

on the next window you will see on the left a red folder named "Video_TS" right click on that and choose "add Files"
    you then copy and "Add" the "bup, Ivo and VOB" files.

Do not worry about the audio folders you do not need them.

You can then "burn" the dvd (click on the the icon of a dvd with a burning match over it.

Nero express has other ways to burn DVD movies but I use that the most.
    Good luck...Now if only someone could help me get back my full color when I play my dvd's :(

3. luckycats

luckycats Member

I'm trying right now. I'll let you know.

I would've assumed that my wmv file would've been converted to whatever it needs to be when MyDVD burns the DVD-R. I didn't that you have to convert it to another file type first in order to work.

Will let you know soon...

Thanks so much...

4. luckycats

luckycats Member

Done. Burned. Quality lower than MyDVD (how did that happen?) and it still doesn't play in my player. I am beginning to think the only way to make a disc compatible is all players is to get a professional burn...

I heard the "authoring dvd-r discs" which are much more expensive then general dvd-r works in 99% of players???

5. luckycats

luckycats Member

Done. Burned. Quality lower than MyDVD (how did that happen?) and it still doesn't play in my player. I am beginning to think the only way to make a disc compatible is all players is to get a professional burn...

I heard the "authoring dvd-r discs" which are much more expensive then general dvd-r works in 99% of players???