1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Freezing at same spot ! Help

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by jtcarlson, Oct 25, 2004.

1. jtcarlson

jtcarlson Member

Hello,

I am a bit new but have read thru alot of these posts. I am trying to backup my dvd collection. I have a Plextor PX-708a burner and have tried using cheap media to the Verbatim media. Everytime I try to backup a dvd I end up with a coster. I tried using DVD X Copy, DVD Cloner 2 and have also tried taking the files from DVD Cloner and used Nero to burn the cd. Everytime I try and backup a dvd it freezes in the same spot everytime. Playing back on my PC and on 2 different DVD players. When I view the files from my pc before I burn it it plays fine. I also have updated my firmware on the burner and have all the lastest drivers. Is my process the problem or my burner bad? On one dvd it freezes at chapter 18 around 56 mins, on the other one it freezes at like 50 mins. Same spot everytime I burn them. Any ideas ? Different process that is better ? Thanks
    Joe

2. rsam555

rsam555 Member

have you tried burning at a slower rate? i'm new to the burning thing too, but after reading alot of these forums, its worth a shot, but then again i am new.