1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback hell

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by three31, Feb 11, 2005.

1. three31

three31 Member

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm about two weeks into my new pc it's a Gateway 5200X p4 @ 3.0ghz, 512ram,
    TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B & TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-H492A drives. I am using dvd x copy platinum, dvd shrink 3.2
    dvd decrypter & nero to burn using tdk dvd+r's. Every disc that I have burned to date has issues. They start out ok then 1/3 to 1/2 way into playbacks on my phillips dvp642 I am locking up? same goes on my pioneer dv440. Completely unplayable on xbox evo. Like I said I am new & need help from the experienced. Have know idea what I'm doing wrong. please help!!! thx in advance

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Most playback issues can be attributred to using poor quality media. So obviously I'm going to ask you what brand are you using? And do you know how to check for the manufacturer ID using a proggy called DVD Identifier?

*edit* oops.... I should pay more attention. I see the tdk now. Still curious about the ID.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  3. kchev

kchev Regular member

what speed are you burning at? a good rule of thumb is don't go over 4x.

tdk's are alright, but you can get better quality discs, but i would try slowing down burn speed first and no multitasking during encoding

4. three31

three31 Member

Special thx to all that posted. Changed write speed to 4X w/ no imrovement, tryed Verbatim digital movie dvd+r's & issues resolved. Also (don't know if this made a differance) disabled wireless internet connection & disabled Norton AV.

Anybody know of related issues w/ these two tasks running? Thax again!

5. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

One of the biggest issues when burning DVD's is free ram. Try and have a least 256m free & use good media.

1. No Spyware
    2. No Virus's
    3. Shut down all un-necessary programs & dis-connect from the internet.
    4. Do a defrag
    5. Good burning s/w, you could also give AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 a try which is what I use. I have over 400 DVD's now and only 2 of them are no good!!

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

6. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

One of the biggest issues when burning DVD's is free ram. Try and have a least 256m free & use good media.

1. No Spyware
    2. No Virus's
    3. Shut down all un-necessary programs & dis-connect from the internet.
    4. Do a defrag
    5. Good burning s/w, you could also give AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 a try which is what I use. I have over 400 DVD's now and only 2 of them are no good!!

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

three31

It's not an issue between your software; it's just an issue with multi-tasking. Burning can be very demanding on your PC so it's best to make sure everything other then the programs you need for burning are off and closed.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yeah i try a different brand of blank DVDS and maybe use a dash R instead of a plus R and burn speed NOT MORE THAN 4 wow that rymes LOL.think we have something