1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Issues (HELP!!)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gvmitch3, Jan 24, 2007.

1. gvmitch3

gvmitch3 Guest

Greetings all, I am hoping someone might be able to help me. I have recently burned an .iso file using both Nero 6 and ImgBurn. The burn is successful. The problem that I am having is playing it in my DVD player. I have triedburning using HP, Verbatim discs , Memorex and JVC Discs. The disc will not play in a Magnavox MWR10D6 DVD-R or in an Emerson player. The disc plays fine on my desktop,laptop and in an older APEX DVD Player. When I try to play it in the other two, I get this message "Disc Error- please eject the disc, playback features may not be availible on this disc. is there some type of problem in the .iso that might be causing this or maybe somesoftware that will make it compatible. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

maybe your players are dvd+ try them I use dvd- Verbatim 16x at 4x record speed they play on my cheap 30 dollar player and my 200 dollar player I use Anydvd Dvd Shrink copy the main movie only with Dvd Decrypter

3. gvmitch3

gvmitch3 Guest

I have tried both DVD+r & DVD-r to burn the iso but each one comes up with the same message

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Is this a downloaded ISO file?

Could be a PAL video and you are trying to play it on an NTSC standalone player.

Make sure this is not the case. If it is a PAL video and your players are not PAL compatible then you need to convert the video to NTSC format.

It could also be a compatibility issue with the other 2 players. Are you sure the players can play DVD-R or DVD+R media? Check your player documentation to see if it will play them.

5. gvmitch3

gvmitch3 Guest

Yeah, this is a downloaded ISO. I dont think it is PAL but am really unsure. How do you check? The two players will play both DVD-r and DVD+r. I have burned an iso before and it played fine on my magnavox so I was thinking it was a problem with a copyright or something in the ISO. It seemed odd that all the burns would play in the older player but not in my newer name brand ones. Thanks for you replys, this has me baffled