1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback on phillipsdvp532k

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tania, Jan 7, 2005.

1. tania

tania Guest

Hi new to this but have problem playing back my dvd,s on my new stand alone . all dvds play fine on my playstation 2 but seem to go three quarters the way through then pause and freeze. Some other foroms have mentioned the problems with phillips dvp642 and problems with labels but am not convinced it is the labels, if any could help much appreciated

2. colw

colw Active member

Labels are bad news for many players.

Over time they tend to unbalance the disk or begin to lift due to heat problems.

While some claim labels are not a major problem, the overwhelming consensus of opinion on these forums would be that labels are a big nono.

Not convinced - just do a search on DVD labels and see the problems they have caused.

3. tania

tania Guest

all dvd label sites are advertising how to label cd/dvd still don't get why my play station 2 can play the burned dvd's not problem with the very same labels.

4. colw

colw Active member

Your call - you asked for advice.

Question re freezing, pausing, skipping been asked and answered many hundreds of times - try the search button at top of page for some answers e.g., input freezing or skipping.

Problem invariably due to:
    1. Poor quality media - Ritek, Verbatim or TY's suggested.
    2. Burning too fast (max 4X suggested).
    3. The use of labels on burnt DVD's.
    4. Media incompatible with standalone player (try on different standalone).
    5. Fragmented hard drive.