1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Problem Desperate

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by phoenix11, Sep 25, 2005.

1. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

I opened up Nero and when it asked me if I wanted to update or remove the program I chose remove the program for Nero burning rom and Nero vision express. I have never had InCD, I only ever downloaded the first two packages I just mentioned.
    BTW I just finished putting my latest downloaded file through DivxtoDvd and when it was finished and I played the encoded file in my VLC player it started to go off sync about three quarters of the way through, so it looks like we're back to square one. The successful encode yesterday may have just been a one-off. I don't think it's the programs, that's 4 encode programs that don't work. I think we have to look for something other than the program, but what that is is anyone's guess.

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i dont reckon its the encoders more the files that you are downloading.Where are the source files coming from amd secondly can you burn an ordinary dvd and then see if the sync is out

3. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

The source files are coming from a private TV episodes site through the bit tornado client. I have NEVER had problems with them and don't forget the source file, when played immediately after downloading, on my computer, is perfect. NO PROBLEMS. It is only AFTER I convert the file and BEFORE burning that the file goes out of sync.
    I will burn an ordinary DVD and see what happens.
    Actually, I just remembered I have 7 ISO files that I have yet to burn but that were from DVD Shrink. I have just quickly looked through them with VLC and they seem to be fine.
    I have just run the same file through DivxtoDVD again and it seems to be much better, at least where it was syncing b4, it's not now. I haven't had time to view the complete episode but will watch it again later. The only thing I did different was I uninstalled something called the AC3 Filter which I just spotted in my programs. What is that thing anyway? Ah well, if another file goes out of sync I'll know it wasn't the AC3 filter and I'll have to reinstall it from somewhere.
    I'm getting a bit tired of this but if you want to keep going so will I.
    BTW what burning program do you recommend I use? I can always reinstall Nero if need be.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdy there phoenix11,

I sea you're using DivxToDVD by VSO.

Since you like it so much, it can be made better . . . . Much better !

I was a beta-tester for their commercial version, DivxToDVD2, you might like to take it for a test drive. check under the hood, kick the tires and sea how it handles. For one (1), it's 2X as fast as the free version you're currently using. Two (2), it incorporates CopyToDVD. Without a doubt, the fastest burner on the retail market. . Three (3), it's totally automatic, once you tell it where to burn your disc and where to put your files, it's just a single click from start to finish. It's available for 1 full week of testing and then it's only $29.99 if you like it well enough to invest in a copy.

For starters, you can drag and drop your AVI files, or your episode files from Bit Torrent into the proggy's window OR Browse for them, which ever you choose, The drag and drop is soooo easy I never bother with the old fashion Browse.

Everything on the commercial version is totally automatic. You can choose between full screen OR wide screen, you can choose your burning speed from 1X, 2X, 2.4X, 4X, 6X, 8X, 10X, 12X, or even 16X. IMO, only an idiot would burn faster than 6X and then only when using Taiyo Yuden +R's. You can adjust your format between NTSC or PAL AND you can add chapters automatically. I set mine for a chapter break every 5 minutes. If your video OR video is slightly off, no problemo`, - there is even a spot where you can adjust your bitrate to fine-tune your converted files. All automatically done.

Was that a sales pitch ? Yep, you bet your bippie it was ! After you use it, you'll sea why. :D)

Enjoy,

"P"

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Server caused a double-post

Gonna kill that thing one day ~

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  6. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

Thanks for the sales pitch Scuba Pete. I just tried the trial version but the finished file has got a big Trial Version DivxToDvd moniker at the top of the file. I suppose with the untrial version that thing won't be there.
    BTW I enjoyed reading reading your dvdshrink and dvddecrypter guides way back when. I still have the printouts always sitting in front of me. You're actually quite a legend and thanks for taking the time out to help me.
    Cheers

7. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

OK I haven't heard from you for a while so I'll just update you on what's happened. As you recall I wanted a recommendation for a burner but then I got this thing from Scuba Pete about VSO DivxToDVD which you already recommended.
    I have now got the DIVXTODVD2 with a serial number and my computer loves it. I have been encoding and burning all weekend and not once was there any out of sync problems. So, it seems, this chapter has come to an end with a positive outcome.
    Thank you so much andmerr for all your time spent helping me. I have enjoyed our time on this post and I wish you well and maybe sometime we will meet again on this great site.
    Thanks again
    Steven

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

nice one by the guys there, and i didn't even have to chip in :) :)

good luck and have fun

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thats ok creaky you helped in spirit.Maybe next time.

@phoenix11: good job, now it gets easier and easier when burning as you have a system in place that works for you.

You might like to consider getting a re author program that will allow you to add menus and such to add that little bit more to your project.

have fun

andmerr

10. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

That's what I liked about Nero. It had menus. Can you recommend a good re-author program?

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

phoenix11,

I'm glad you and DivxToDVD2 are getting along (I kind of thought you would :D)

As for a good (actually, better than good) re-author proggy ?

DVDLab. (30-day trial, $99.99) A full-function re-author program designed for the novice who wants his work to lQQk professional. Nothing more to be said. The program will sell itself. Fantastic effects with the simplicity and ease of operation that makes it popular by those people "in the know".
    http://www.mediachance.com/product.htm

Enjoy,

Pete

12. poggy

poggy Guest

hey pheonix11, man my goodness dude reading your posts is like reading my thoughts!!!! you must have the exact same computer i do (presario) and the EXACT SAME problem I do!!!!! seriously even down to the the type and brand of disks you are using!! so any way am half way through reading all the posts and hopefully i can this dam things sorted out out! i have a 160Gb Harddrive and after only three weeks i have 11Gb left on it. hahaha been burning the candle. so now i gotta get these dam downloads off..........

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

14. phoenix11

phoenix11 Member

Thanks again guys, will give it a try.
    Just to update, I am now happily downloading and burning with NO MORE PROBLEMS, and it was all because of you guys.

15. poggy

poggy Guest

well guess what! i am not having so much luck with my burning. i have read through this a couple times now and downloaded divxtodvd2 and tried running it thru it. got to 44.2% and stopped. kinda getting to the stge or ripping the dvd burner from its limb and installing a 1 1/4" floppy drive to spite myself!! HAHAHAHA. dont believe that compaq or hp would have this program (sonic mydvd plus) on this computer if it dont work. and i dont think that nero would only be 'compatible' with some computers. i mean the thing is a couple of hundred bucks. anyway guys anything that you can think of i'm not doing right. is it speed? is it firmware? i know what ya meant by the burner drive not existing Phoenix11. cant find dick about it anywhere. LG dont even aknowledge it! i got a trial of clone dvd and tried using that too. it burns 100% sucessful apparently but sticking it in the stand alone dvd player it does the skipping thing and back in the computer i burnt it on, same thing!

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi poggy, think we need to start from the beginning then.

1.What are your pc stats?(include o/s /hardware/harddrives/burners etc
    2.what is the file type.IS it one you downloaded from the net or is it a dvd that you are trying to back up?
    3.What software have you got on your pc for encoding,burning, and any that bypass the css encyptions.
    4.What media are you using?
    5.have you upgraded the firmware on your burner?
    6.what speed have byou been burning at?
    7..Have you done a defrag recently?
    8.CAN YOU DOWNLOAD avicodec, run your file through it if its downloaded and then post the results .
    9.Anything you think that we need to know mention as well.The more indepth the better

Iknow this is a lot to ask but it may be neccessary if we are to help you.

andmerr

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  17. poggy

poggy Guest

ok here goes - i have the exact same system as pheonix11. i mean exactly. ok now burners, i have - nero 6 ultra, sonic (my dvdplus), dvd decrypter, divxtodvd2, dvd prolab, super dvd copier, clone dvd, magic iso, avi synth 2.5 (what ever that is) now i burnt a dvd off a ripped one this morning. it was a small file only about 740Mb and it worked ok through DivxtoDVD2, except the audio sync is out bout a second. i selected the speed to burn at x2.4 but in the log it shows 'x4 requested: x4 finalized' so i'm guessing it decided to burn at that rate. its happening with both ripped dvd's and copies i've put in to be decrypted. i know nothing about uninstalling the firmware, cant' even find information on the burner drive (as pheonix11 was saying) i know its an LG but looking on their website, there's no mention of it at all. i even tried using double layer discs to hopefully help but they aint working either. i'll find that file your talking about and run one or two through and post the result. thanks dude!

18. poggy

poggy Guest

oh and yes i defragged bout a week ago tho not much room was freed up. they are both divx or dixv files or .vob (or something like that) if a dont wanna scroll back to pheonix11 operating system specs than here are mine - presario, 512Mb ram, 160Gb hard drive, GWA-4166b burner (with lightscribe)(has every type of formatting available eg. 16xDVD+R, 4xDVD+-RW, 2.4xDVD+RDL and so on) using windows XP Home hope that helps

19. poggy

poggy Guest

ok my version looks the same just that the version reads: 1.2.0.110

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Reading all about Roxio on both of these PC's, I wish they would get rid of them.

Andrew, ask our friend how much free HD space he has on his system ALSO, how much free RAM ?