1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback problems in final chapters

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by CyruSDVD, Oct 7, 2002.

1. CyruSDVD

CyruSDVD Member

Got a pioneer 104 and I'm using VOB software to burn my dvd-rs. Now here's the thing; a buddy of mine has got the EXACT same PC, the same windows XP version, same VOB software, same blank dvd-rs, same updates, same upgrades: EVERYTHING is the same (hardware & software)! When I tried to play the movies in my stand alone dvd-player, they all freeze at the last scenes, while his dvd-rs play perfectly in my dvd-player.

I put my pioneer in his PC: same problem!! the all freeze at the end or worse; it creates bad disks! I think my pioneer is busted!

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

sounds like you already know the answer.. if the problem follows your pioneer drive, then the problem is the drive.. get it replaced under warranty or if you have just recently purchased it, take it back and exchange it.

good luck!

3. CyruSDVD

CyruSDVD Member

Well, not exactly! I've just got it back from the store; they say it works PERFECTLY! So...I don't know what to do anymore...

I heard that the standard XP burning application could be the problem and if I unistall it the other burning appz (I use VOB & Prassi PrimoDVD) should work fine!

But where can I find it in XP?

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry, but I thought you said you reproduced the problem on your friends computer that has the exact same everything including the same model DVD burner just by putting your burner into his machine, even though his does not have this problem.

Oh, wait.. I'm not going crazy here, that is exactly what you said looking at your original post!

I suggest that you take it back to them because I don't think you had any reason to lie about your situation, therefore you ARE correct in thinking that it IS the DVD burner that has the problem..

don't let them bully you into taking NO for an asnwer, sheesh!