1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problems on PC and DVD player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mickey079, Nov 27, 2007.

1. mickey079

mickey079 Member

Hey. I'm new here so all be easy on me ok :)

Anyway, I have burnt numerous DVDrip (.avi) files to a dvd, but everyone I have done it always seems to skip when either in my dvd player or pc. Only one hasn't done this. I am using DVDSanta to encode and burn them. Is something happening when I'm encoding or burning? I burnt Waynes World last night and the whole thing was a good 10 seconds out of sync.

I read somewhere (can't find it anymore) that the computer shouldn't be touch when its doing its thing (including no music) and screen savers should be turned off. Could this be the problem?

MICKEY079

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does DVD Santa save the files to a HDD folder or ISO file before burning?
    Use the software player to play the files and see if they are OOS before burning.
    If the output files are out of sync, try this tiny converter to test.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Play the output files to test.

3. mickey079

mickey079 Member

When I play the movie in the software player AND in windows it plays FINE. I just reburnt Waynes World... the movie did not skip once and it went out of sync. But it was only about 85 seconds out. I ejected though and put it back in and it went back into sync. I noticed the movie was at the 30 minute mark when this happened... While the movie was encoding I turned the screen saver off... I turned the screen saver off at the 30 minute mark... so I think that just leaving the computer and not touching the mouse gives it a 100% encoding of the audio and video. Thanks for your help though.

4. cdelgado

cdelgado Member

you are correct, you shouldn't even touch the computer when it is burning. Try disabling all processes, such as running programs on your taskbar and also those programs that are running next to the clock. ALso VERY IMPORTANT...you MUST stop all security programs, such as firewalls and anti viruses...i don't know why but you have to...because this happened to me before....and also try using DVDFAB ...cuz tha't the one i use...

5. mickey079

mickey079 Member

ARG! Just great... now everytime I click create DVD windows displays that stupid message saying an error has occured or what ever it is... why is it doing this? It did it with my 3GP converter for my phone after I used to the software for a while.

I got the full version of DVDFab but it doesn't convert AVI. files to DVD... so it was no use to me.