1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problems-SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by yy50946, Feb 16, 2004.

1. yy50946

yy50946 Member

Hello everybody. I have problems with playbacking my SVCD with my standalone DVD player Thomson DTH 211. I've created a SVCD with Nero. The source file is a mpeg 2 (DVD/SVCD) file. In nero I've also created a menu which is read and seen when played in my DVD player but the movie is not running. I followed the guide at this site and burnt at low speed 2x.

I'm would be very happy if someone can help me.

2. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

That's odd ... you made a svcd compliant disc and it didn't play? Try changing the menu time to 5 seconds instead of infinite and see if it plays from there. Is it stuck at the menu? For me, everytime i put infinite for menu it doesn't play my movie.

Also, is your audio @ 44100?

Your player definitely plays svcd ... so it should work ... sorry if i couldn't help...

good luck!

3. yy50946

yy50946 Member

Hi, The audio is @ 44100 kHz. I will try to skip the menus while burning the SVCD with Nero and I hope it would help playing the movie with my DVD. Thanks anyway.

4. mjt

mjt Member

hi guys
    when I put my vcd cdr in my dvd player a box pop up in the on top it says menu at the bottom of it says play mode and folder it want let me select play mode

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  5. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

Was that a question? or a solution?

6. mjt

mjt Member

hi guys
    when i put dvd in my apex dvd player it says loading then it stop says no disc it happens to all my disc

7. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

a regular DVD disc? And it won't play ... sorry I have no idea why it is not working. Perhaps it is broken or the DVDs are from another region.

Hope you figure it out ...

I thought you were talking about svcds