1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problems with DRM

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by majickego, Dec 17, 2003.

1. majickego

majickego Member

Okay, so I downloaded an AVI (i believe an XviD) and it will not play. An error initially came up that said "Netshow Events Monitor is not operational and has been disconnected." and then when I hit the help button it took me to a page that said i needed Windows DRM v7. So I went to another afterdawn.com forum and found the link: http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/predeliver/preDeliver.htm . I hit start on that page and i almost instantly got a page that said it had been installed despite the fact it took no time to do so. Anyways, now when I try to play the file I get the same "Netshow Events Monitor is not operational and has been disconnected." error except now when I hit help it takes me to a page that says "You have encountered the following error while using Windows Media Player:
    Error# C00D00C8
    Sorry, no more help is available for this problem at this time."
    And obviously I still can't see my AVI.

So can anyone help?

2. majickego

majickego Member

And just FYI, I was using Windows Media Player 9 Series to play it.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Do other players play the movie?

4. majickego

majickego Member

no unfortunately not......I tried different players and even downloaded a new one recommended by the Windows DRM site. But no luck. All of my old AVI's work fine. I still dont know the problem.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2003