1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLayback Problems with VCD created by Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by davidsd, Dec 9, 2003.

1. davidsd

davidsd Member

I Used the recent version of NERO to Burn a MPEG file to vcd but the vcd cannot be played back in my CPU but using VCD player it can I have tried using POWER DVD,Windows Media player 9 Software etc...I aslo cannot copy the .dat file created in my cpu error is not a DOS function?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Check for scratches, dirt, etc on the disc
    2. Something wrong happened during the burn process, if it is just this one case then you can chalk it up to random wierdness (probably burning too fast or using crappy media),
    3. If this is a common occurrence, perhaps your media/burner is faulty?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  3. davidsd

davidsd Member

I have used two cd writers with the same results and its a common occurence every mpeg file converted to vcd cannot be played by windows and if you try to copy the avesq.dat file to hardisk also cannot.There is also no error in all the cd burning process.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

WMP isnt capable of playing VCD (technically it is but its reliability is crap). Use a software DVD player to watch VCDs.

This is indicitive of burning too fast, bad media, or a bad ASPI

If, by no error, you mean "Nero said Burn Sucessful" then that doesnt count. Burn a VCD at 52x and Nero will say "Burn Sucessful" but that very well may or may not be sucessful now eh?

HOW are you converting to VCD? I ask this because MPEG is VCD. And you mentioned a DAT file, which is also a VCD format. So what exactly are you converting?

5. davidsd

davidsd Member

I have tried burning using 4X but with the same results. Nero converts the MPEG file to DAT before it burns it to VCD. I have also tried using POWER DVD but to no avail. Problem still remains every mpeg I convert to VCD using NERO is unplayable in my PC but playable in VCD players. Is it any settings woth NERO???