1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cartman24, Sep 3, 2005.

1. cartman24

cartman24 Member

Hi, I am only new to this site and am asking for some helpful advice.

Basically i have downloaded a few programs to convert my avi files to dvd format.I have used Winavi,dvdsanta and ultra dvd creator.From there i have used nero or ashampoo to burn the VOB files to dvd (usually ritek or TDK at 4speed.) When i put the disc into my LG dvd player it plays fine with no problem, but it doesnt work on the other 2 dvd players i have in my home. I cant seem to work out the problem. I have been told to change media,but that did not fix problem. I was told to change convertors and burning programs but still doesnt help.Was told to lower burn speed but did not fix problem. Has anyone got any advice on what i am or arent doing right. Apart from the avi files i have converted and burnt, i have never had any trouble watching any dvds on any of my players...could it be a region code problem?

Thanks in advance...

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Since you have tried so many different methods, have you tried convert the avis into mpegs first, then into dvd compliant format, then burn with Nero?