1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by MrMusic, Sep 5, 2006.

1. MrMusic

MrMusic Guest

Using programs such as DVD Shrink with Nero, Apollo DVD Copy etc...
    I have been successful making copies of my new dvd movies. However,
    I have noticed in the last two months every new dvd movie release that I have bought such as Posiedon,Scarey Movie 4 and even older ones like Pirates of the Caribean show that they are copied successfully but I have problems playing them on my dvd player.
    When I play the copies sometimes it takes open and closing the dvd tray a couple of times before the movie will begin but most times the dvd copy will play fine for 30 mins or as much as an hour plus then the dvd video and sound start to break up, hesitate, freeze, kick in again and this goes on and on.
    I assume this is the latest copy guard protection but would appreciate any help on this issue with resolution.
    Thank you,
    Richard
    rm289b@cox.net

2. TNARIPPER

TNARIPPER Guest

well for starters what media r u using? thats the important one! use ritek, taiyo yuden, verbatim second of all on your dvd shrink (preferences) change target size to @ 4360 to keep clear of that edge. i would say 99.9 % of your problem is your media if you r using good media what speeds r u burnin at?

3. MrMusic

MrMusic Guest

Thank you for your reply. I checked my DVD Shrink settings and by default it was set at: DVD-5 (4.7GB) and 4464 MB.
    As you suggested, I changed the settings using custom to custom 4360.
    I did not realize how important the blank media is when burning.
    I have been using whatever is on sale:
    Nexxtech, Memorex and TDK
    Are these brands the problem, or the default settings that I used in your opinion?
    If you say brand of blank DVD+R media then would you suggest where I can get the best deal on the brands that you mentioned?
    Thanks again,
    Richard
    rm289b@cox.net

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

>>>> I have been using whatever is on sale:

Those brands aren't the best. Verbatim is usually easy to find, the ones with the MCC codes are as good as any.

5. MrMusic

MrMusic Guest

Thanks for your help.
    Richard