1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback Probs with homemade dvd and backed up dvds-Tried all that i found in forum!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by weaselhax, Jul 27, 2007.

1. weaselhax

weaselhax Member

Hi, I am new to this site and to burrning dvd's. I am using a HP dvd 1040i 20x multiformat dvd writer. I was told by some friends to use dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0, dvd fab hd decrypter, and dvd shink 3.2.

First I tried to copy a DVD that I had in my collection and it worked great, all went smooth and fast, took about 25 to 30 minutes to do whole movie including the speacial features and title "the whole disc". I used Sony DVD-R 120 min/4.7gb disc. **I have read in the forum about other great high quailty disc to use but I had these readily avalible.

I put the copied DVD in my Home DVD player which reads all sorts of disc, I jsut bought it last year or so, its a Sony as well. Everything came up as it should just as the original and as the movie plays, it would play, then freeze for a momment, then play and freeze. I have read several post and the responces are the type of disc the person used for the burn. I re-did the dvd on a diferent brand of disc, Maxell 4.7gb/16x, and I did see in a post to use Japan made disc, I don t know if the maxells are made in Japan or not. When I finished that disc up I tried it again in my Sony dvd player and it did the same exact thing. Play, freeze, play, freeze and so on.
    *******Here is the kicker=====>>>> I used my camcorder to record 2 homemovie and then my Magnavox DVD player/recorder to transfer it to dvd. That works perfectly!! I then copied the dvd with my pc burnner cause someone wanted a copy of it and it is a heck of alot faster to use the pc than the stand alone dvd recorder.
    Well, when it was done, I put the copy in my Sony dvd player and played it and low and behold, Play, freeze, play, freeze and so on.

What the heck is up with that. I even tried 3 other dvd players!

If anyone can help that would be great and if anyone can suggest any other software other than what I am using "mentioned above" that would be great.

PS.my boss suggested using dvd 43 and bit torrent and dvd shrink? Any thoughts?

thanks

2. Shardel

Shardel Guest

You might try using a DVD+R disc and see if the player plays it
    better. I had a player years ago that would play both kinds of
    discs, but had the freezing problem with the -discs.
    That may or may not be the problem, but if you can borrow a +disc
    from a friend, you can find out in a hurry.

3. weaselhax

weaselhax Member

I tried a + and a - disc, still does it. I also tried to burn another dvd and got the same jerky freezing play stuff again. thanks for the response.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

burning to fast, multitasking, cheep media, are a few things that will cause the problems you are having, slow your burning speed down to about 4x, do not be surfing the net when you are encoding and or burning, or playing games, and last but not least poor quailty disks or media stay away from memorex and un branded media that is disks that don't have a name on them, try to use verbs,fuji, tyuden, good luck

5. weaselhax

weaselhax Member

I have been trying this for about 3 hours now and still the same results. I tried 5 different dvd movies and the minute I think they are fine there it goes.
    Ok, here is the deal, I tried + &- disc, I tried Sony, Maxell, and I think the other was a Philips.
    I have been running at 4x and even dropped it to 2.4x on a couple of them. I start up the programs and set there watching tv, I dont use the pc or have anything running in the background.
    I know the pc is fine cause I just built it. It is a ECS HT2000 Geforce6100 motherboard, Amd 5600 dual core, 4gb pc6400 800mhz ddr2 Ram, 2 500GB Segate SATA HD's, 6 cooling fans, HP dual layer dvd burnner, 650 watt power supply, GEForce 8800GTS video card.

I have no clue why it is doing it, I called up a buddy of mine and he rought over a dvd he copied using the same software and his is perfect, full movie and extras.

thanks for the input yall.

6. weaselhax

weaselhax Member

I found a program that works wonders, it's just plain old DVDFAB Gold. I downloaded the free trail verssion and it is good for 20 or 30 days, then I am going to buy it. It is a one click program, and I backed up 10 of my dvd's and had not bit of trouble, thanks again for all of your inputs. Weasel