1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"playback prohibted by area limitations" region info, or out-of-standard encoding?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by clay123, Oct 2, 2003.

1. clay123

clay123 Member

Ok so i encoded a compolation of family movies that was in XVID to DVD using DVD2SVCD. DVD2SVCD used Cinema Craft Encoder to encode the video. So then i loaded the ecoded video and audio into TMPGenc DVD Author and it gave me the following error

"The combined bitrate of the video and audio clip "filename" of track "track name" is excedding the upper limit for a standard DVD.
    The current bitrate is video: 9800kbps, audio: 192kbps, combined 9992kbps.
    The combined video and audio bitrate can be no more than 9.848Mbps(9848kbps)"

So i authored the dvd anyway, then burned it with Nero 6. When i put the dvd into my Sony player it gives the error, "Playback proibited by area limitations."

What i want to know is if the player error is because of region info, or because of the high bitrate. Ive also heard that NERO isnt the best for burning DVD's but i dont want to risk wasting another dvd on another program if its not the problem.

2. malum

malum Regular member

Given that you haven't added a region code I imagine that it is because you ignored the problem that Tmpeg told you about (it couldn't have been much more explicit in telling you that what you were doing wasn't going to work).

Why don't you just try it with a lower bit rate (for the video) and burn it to a RW and see if it works