1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tmi1, Nov 9, 2007.

1. tmi1

tmi1 Member

My burned DVD is not playing on my DVD players. I am using DVD-R. I have converted using the ConvertXtoDVD and I went step by step in the instructions and it seemed to work. The message I receive on one player is "no title list found" the other is "playback may not be available on this disc". Both players are less than two years old. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does the disk play ok on the PC?
    If the 'TV format' under 'Settings' in ConvertX was set 'Automatic', the the output files video format would be the same as the input, that is a PAL avi would produce a PAL DVD, the same for NTSC.
    Most standalone players in North America will not accept a PAL DVD - but it will play ok on the PC.

3. tmi1

tmi1 Member

I did changed the output from auto to NTSC. In looking at the source details I noticed that the source was a PAL. I also changed to prefer SAO burning mode for DVD-R since that was the type of disc I was using. With these changes my DVD successfully played on one of my players. The other a Samsung DVD-VR335 still showed the "no title list found". In reading the manual it said certein disc may not play on this player. I have recorded on this player using the same type of disc (Memorex 16x,4.7gb) and that played???

4. attar

attar Senior member

Although rated at 16x, cut back to 4x burning speed as a test.
    If that works, switch to 'Verbatim' to test for higher burning speed.

5. tmi1

tmi1 Member

I think I did burn this at 4X. By the way it would not play in my pc either. As a side note I did burn this same type of DVD on my pc not using the ConvertXtoDVD and it played on my PC but not on either player. Any other thoughts?? Thanks for any assistance.

6. attar

attar Senior member

Under 'Settings' 'Burning' Uncheck 'Burn Result to DVD' and use the likes of 'ImgBurn'

7. tmi1

tmi1 Member

OK a dumb question? I quickly looked at the guide for Imgburn it appears this will take the place of the functions of ConvertXtoDVD. Is that correct?

8. attar

attar Senior member

ImgBurn only burns disks, either from a DVD folder or ISO image files - so it cannot be compared to ConvertX.

It is a partial reincarnation of the ripping program 'DVD Decrypter' - but is for burning only.

9. tmi1

tmi1 Member

It worked. Thanks for your help. I used the ImgBurn guide and it was very helpful in walking me through the various steps. One thing that did perplex me a little at the end of the burning process,the progress bar showed 100% complete, but prior to showing the "Operation Successfully Completed" my disc was ejected. I did not do anything and the disc went back in and in a few moments the message "Operation Successfully Completed" came up. To my knowledge I didn't ask for the eject tray. Maybe this is a default I need to uncheck. I will double check this next time. Even still.. I would think it would not eject until after the "Operation Successfully Completed" is displayed. Thanks again

10. tmi1

tmi1 Member

I have been successful in burning a handful of dvds. I noticed the video quality is inferior. An tips on improving the quality.

11. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Try setting CX2DVD to High quality/slow encoding under Settings.

12. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

tmi1,
    ImgBurn is doing a file verification after burn. There should be a small box that you can un-check to disable this.

13. tmi1

tmi1 Member

I have tried to burn two folders on one dvd. Every time I try this the dvd will not play. I burned both files separatly and they worked. I calculated the space available and it is more than sufficient. Is there something special I need to do.