1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing a ratDVD in WMP

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by la22, Aug 8, 2008.

1. la22

la22 Member

I downloaded a movie a couple days ago and it came as a .ratDVD file.

Being the first time i have seen this file I googled it. I downloaded ratDVD the program and "undid" the file, but now I just have a bunch of different sections that I dont know how to play at once.

So I click back on the .ratDVD file and open it with Windows Media Player. It loads up and brings me to the menu, which i have the option to choose either play the movie, extra's, etc..

The problem is WMP is only recognizing it as a file that is 2 minutes and 19 seconds long. And everytime it gets to the 2 minute mark it WMP freezes.

What is the deal with this, and is there any way to fix it? I searched google, but didnt find anything that could help and like I said this is the first time I have ever seen this type of file.

Thanks!

2. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

when you 'undid' it what files we you left with? was it a bunch of .IFO, .TS and .VOB files?

3. la22

la22 Member

After I "undid" it the files the .ratDVD were broken down into are .BUP, .IFO, and .VOB.

I can open the .VOB with AsusDVD player (program came with my drive), but its only little parts