1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing a vcd on dvd player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by daisy, Mar 15, 2003.

1. daisy

daisy Member

I have burned a vcd with nerovision and can get it to play in windows media player but it will not play on my dvd. My dvd player is a dansai and accepts pal or ntsc. To play it in windows media I have to go to mpegav and then to AVSEQ0I. As you can tell I am new to this.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Nero Express or Nero Vision Express? I used to burn SVCD using Nero Burning Rom and when you add the (s)vcd file, make sure "creat a standard complaint cd" is ticked. Try Nero Burning Rom see if that works. If you live in the USA, tick NTSC.

Shoey

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

daisy, you said your dvd player accepts PAL or NTSC which is good but the question is, does it even accept VCD?? If it does and it still doesnt work then see if there are any limitations on the type of media used!

4. daisy

daisy Member

Well my dvd player manual says that it plays cd-r and cd-rw (audio and video) so it should play vcd's , shouldn't it?

5. daisy

daisy Member

thank you for your help but I have worked out what to do. I needed to download an upgrade for my dvd player and it is now working.

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Oh well thats good :) Im glad you got it sorted!! any trouble in future or if you want to learn how to create svcd or whatever then come back or send me a PM or whatever!!