1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing AVI files on this DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by samurai12, Aug 4, 2010.

1. samurai12

samurai12 Member

Hello,

I've Sony DVP-SR500H player. How can I use it to play AVI files. I guess it doesn't support AVI files. But then any converter?

Thanks in advance

2. ollieiii

ollieiii Member

I have old Nero 7, there is nero vision in it and I convert and burn to disc. If TV has usb port, try put avi on usb stick and put in TV. My Samsung TV plays them.

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Your TV or DVD player will only run the types of files that it supports. If your DVD player does not play avi files for example, then convert the avi file to one that the DVD player will recognize.

OR you could buy a player that supports the file type(s) you are interested in. Read the owners manual on a unit that might interest you. It will tell you about supported file types. Make your choice(s) accordingly.

Check the manufacturers web site if you can't get any useful info in the store. DVD players aren't that expensive. Buying one that meets your needs may be the easiest way to go.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

sorry double post

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

edit :forgot to link