1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing backed-up games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by zouga, Jan 27, 2007.

1. zouga

zouga Member

Hello everyone,
    I know this has been asked more than a million times but the combinations are SO many that I cannot make up my mind. As far as I understand, with an SD card, GC card, SD adapter and Action Replay as the hardware you can load backed-up games. The bit I don't understand is which loader I need to load these images from the SD card. I assume that a 2GB card that can fit the whole image of a game would be able to be read by a loader. Now I've read somewhere that SDload will only load homebrew games and apps of a few MBs size, so not good for games.
    Could someone please clear things up and tell me apart from the hardware I have listed above (I have these already so I would prefer not to buy anything else if possible) what else I do need to run game images? Also, would I be able to save games with this method, since Slot1 will have the AR card and slot2 will have the SD?

Tired from my long post eh? You can now have a cold drink, have a beer :p

Thanks in advance and please be nice :)
    Zouga

2. zouga

zouga Member

Anyone please???

3. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

Im curious about this too, is it possible to load gamecube isos or gcm files off of the SD card?? i just modded my own gc sd adapter last night, got the AR sdloader working and now want to know more things that i can do with it.

thanks!