1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing burned DVDs on a TV

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BigWang, Apr 25, 2005.

1. BigWang

BigWang Member

Hey, im having trouble getting my burned dvds to work on my ps2. Im using sony and verbatim discs, DVD-r's, and i have tried both decryter and nero to burn with after putting the disc through dvd shrink 3.2. In both instances im getting some discs that work and some that do not, the ps2 simply spins and spins when reading them. I turned down my speed all the way to 2.4x and its still not helping. Do I need to do anything special to get burned discs to read on a dvd player and not a computer. (by the way all the discs work fine on a computer).

2. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

one of my friends has the same problem but all movies play fine in dvd players so i think it is the ps2 that dosent like burned movies

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It is always best to use a decent quality disc when doing backups. Some newer discs that are 8X and higher are giving older players and PS2 / XBoxes a problem because the disc are so new the software in your PS2 can't read the disc.

Try using 4X media, burning at a slow speed AND, as you are already doing using -R media. This will increase the number of discs you're able to play. As has been said - not all will play BUT a much higher number will if you follow those suggestions above -

Cheers,

Pete