1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing dvd after copying

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by omps, Feb 12, 2005.

1. omps

omps Guest

Hi everyone,
    this is my first post here so please excuse me if i have posted in the wrong area.

this is my problem:

i used dvd decripter and then dvd shrink, but when i try to play the movie in my dvd player it does not play, its seems to play the first 21 seconds of the dvd the stops.

the movie in question was called "The Tuxedo", i used the same process for the movie called "The Bourne Identity" and it worked fine, i cant see that i did anything different. ive now waisted about 4 discs to no avail.

can anyone advise me please.

also i understand there is new software that resolves the new encription that has just been found on newer dvd movies, could someone please let me know what its called and where i may get ahold if it please.

many thanks
    omps

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

What media are you burning? example-fuji +4x.
    How fast are you burning?
    Do you shrink entire disc or main-movie only?
    Has that dvd player played burned dvd-s before?

Dvd shrink needs help pulling off the encryptions so I use anydvd . Just click on that link or go to the software tab/dvdr-rippers and you can down load it there.It runs in the background so there is no extra step.
    The grudge wouldn't let shrink open it up until I turned on anydvd.Using re-author, I also had to edit out some of the beginning crap until the frames where lady liberty pops up.I had to start it there because of that encryption.

3. omps

omps Guest

not sure what media "cos i stupid" lol
    second question answer: ive not touched any of the default setting.
    third question answer: i copied the entire movie inc title.
    Fourth question Answer: yes ive played copied dvd's just yesterday as i copied `The Bourne Indentity` with no problems and it played everything

srry about first comment but im just not sure

4. omps

omps Guest

if you mean what discs am i using im using dvdrw's ive used both - and + R's

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2005
  5. hursty

hursty Active member

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Oomps, download the dvd identifier link that hursty posted,it's free. insert the disc that plays,hit the question mark icon,and look for the manufacturers code.Write it down along with brand name and format.
    Do the same with one of the discs that don't want to play.Those codes will help.

To set the burn speed in dvd shrink,when you hit the backup tab on top,the backup options screen will appear. Look on the farthest right tab for burn settings. Set this on 4x.

Just post us those codes and tell us which of them plays ok and which one doesn't.

Some people also have trouble doing the entire disc,you may try clicking the re-author tab on top of shrink,drag main title from right side of screen to the left/hit backup tab/re-check those settings,especially that burn speed.Extra compression can cause some trouble on certain stand alone dvd players.

It sounds more like a media issue. Later

7. omps

omps Guest

listen thanks for all the help guys, i only wish i had ticked the notifly by email of replies.

i do have one point id like to say and that is and that is the movie downloaded to the HD and plays when its on the computer, i think it was when i was using dvd shrink.

what im going to do now is try and change the recording spead mentioned above in the previouse post and i will leave a post with the results.

8. omps

omps Guest

hi again

i when to burn option in dvd shrink and i found that i cant change the burn speed the whole section for the burn option is all dull and cant select anything.

any suggestion anyone please