1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing DVD on standalone player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by luukass, Sep 28, 2003.

1. luukass

luukass Member

I have spent days trying to slove this problem by looking through fourms and other website but I have had no luck.

MY SYSTEM

2.2 GHz Celeron
    640 Meg RAM
    20 Gigs of free hard drive
    Sony DVD RW DRU-500A (actually white box but I have installed all firmware upgrades)

MEDIA

Blank CD Technology, INC DCD-R 4x
    Movie: The big lebowski

THE PROCESS

Rip with DVDshrink
    Put all files in VIDEO_TS folder
    Burn folder and all with Nero 6 Burning Rom

THE PROBLEM

I have tried this two ways, as a DVD-ROM UDF/ISO and as a DVD-ROM UDF. Both ways work on my computer but neither work on my standalone (SONY DVP S360). When I put it in the player it flashes C 13:00 in the corner of the screen.

At first I was trying to use DVD XCOPY Express but I would get the "error writing disc" problem that i had read about and simply moving the dialog to the side and allowing the burn to finish didn't work. It would play in the standalone at first but then would skip and stop playing.

I have also tried "Record Now Max" but i got an error saying "disc exited with errors and the sector number"

Does anyone know what the problem is. I want the DVD backups to be playable in the standalone player. Is there another software I should try? DVD xcopy express at least played on the standalone a little bit so I don't think it is the media....

I did a lot of searching and couldn't find a problem like this one but I might have missed it.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are you putting the files you burn inside a VIDEO_TS folder and burning the whole folder?

3. luukass

luukass Member

yes

all of the files that I get from DVD srink are going inside the VIDEO_TS folder and then I am buring the folder and all to the dvd

4. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Hello there , sorry to hear about your prooblems today i took my first dvd to a frnds to see if it would play in his standalone and it wouldnt of course his is a 30$ pioneer so im thinking this might be why it aint playing also im using dvd+ format so this could be it also The dvd im using is a sony .