1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing DVD-R on Ariston Player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Keith_D, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Keith_D

Keith_D Member

Is there any way of playng DVD-R discs on an Ariston 2000 stand alone player, or will I have to purchase a new system.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

3. Keith_D

Keith_D Member

Thanks Ken0042,
    The dvdrhelp tables say my machine is not compatable. I wondered if there was a patch or any mods that could be done easily. Or is it the basic design of the player that stops it working.

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

It basically has to do with the way the laser operates. It would be a lot less expensive to just buy a new player.

A good description of why store bought DVD's are different from DVD-R's can be found here: http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/cd-burner2.htm (look at the nice picture towards the bottom of the page if you don't like reading.)

I know it is showing how CD-R's are different from CD's, but the theory is still the same.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Keith_D

Have you actually tried a -r on ur player, if not see if you could borrow one off someone.

Cheap media causes failure to play.
    Also particular burning software may be incompatible.(and how it was burned)

The comments at dvdrhelp.com, are only what others have said - (which are not many) but they all seem to be ref to vcd etc.

Before you buy another player try the above - you never know it may work.