1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing DVDs from Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Ted209, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Ted209

Ted209 Member

Like many of you, I also have taken the liberty of "backing up" my DVDs to my pc hard drive using my modded xbox. My problem is playing my DVDs from my hard drive. I'm very new to dvd programs and such; and i've been using a program called windvd to play my dvds. I have an option to 'play dvd from folder,' and when i chose this option, i next select the dvd directory. the dvd seems to try to load and play but the audio is extremely choppy and there "may be" perhaps 1 or 2 pictures that actually display. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ted209
    Modded Xbox(160GB Maxtor)

2. andrewb15

andrewb15 Member

I think that you would be better off using "DVD Decrypter" to copy DVDs onto your PC using your PC and then playing with a DVD software of your choice.

I think you can use "DVD2Xbox" To copy DVDs to your Xbox HD from Your Xbox DVD Drive.

I wouldnt recommend playing a DVD over a Network, this may be why the audio is "choppy", you may need to update your DVD player software, Graphics drivers and Sound card drivers.

3. Ted209

Ted209 Member

DVD2Xbox is what I needed.

Thanks!

4. andrewb15

andrewb15 Member

Glad to hear you know where to get it from, hope it works. The next thing you will need to worry about is filling up your harddrive.

A