1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing F.E.A.R with a intel gma950

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lucifa666, Jul 3, 2007.

1. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

hi,
    i can play f.e.a.r on my laptop with a intel gma950,b 4 i go any ferther these are the specs i get when i run the video test with all the settings on lowest.
    f.p.s
    min;11
    av;33
    max;61

f.p.s distribution
    46% below 25 fps
    10% between 25 and 40 fps
    44% above 40 fps

now when i play f.e.a.r (looks crap but plays pretty smooth) i can play for about 3-5 mins then the screen goes blank and the igfx display driver stops responding then recovers!
    i know the gma950 shouldent play fear, but how come it lets me play for awhile then stops? is it when the fps drop to min level? any suggestions on why the display driver stops resonding?
    Thanks

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Your graphics card is overheating most likely...

3. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

so if i can find a way to cool it down ferther i might be able to play for longer?
    its weired as even when i play diablo 2(heaps less intensive) it dose the same thing but i can play games like halo for hours without stuffing up at all!!!
    weird i dindnt think the gma950 would play fear at all!

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yeah me neither.... i dont think you can add any extra cooling since it is a laptop, and something like a Zalman fan wouldnt fit in there...

I just dont think you will be able to play those kinds of games....

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Another post about gaming on your GMA950? I do think that would cause cooling issues, since it's the game that gets my GPU the hottest of all the titles I play.

6. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

yeah i know iv been on this topic for awile! do you know a good guide for runing both xp and vista at the same time? then i can play older games on xp and use vista for work!!!how do you cheak the heat level of your GPU? thanks

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I don't think there is a specific graphics temperature for the GMA950, but it's probably contained in the chipset, so just use a program like Everest to check the motherboard chipset temperature.
    As for XP and Vista, as long as you install Vista last, you can use it in conjunction with XP.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  8. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

cheers for the help!!!