1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing games on hdtv

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by RANBO, Jan 23, 2007.

1. RANBO

RANBO Member

i was getting a hdtv and wanted to know if its okay to play xbox360 games cause some people say dont do it, someone let me know

2. Leech83

Leech83 Member

hello ranbo,

im a noob myself but the whole benefit of the xbox360 was that its next gen.

in order to boast all the graphics u will need a HDTV, im investing in one myself.

if you go into your local games retailer, have a look at the displays, they are alot better than SDTV's with the 360 hooked up.

1 thing - just out of curiosity, who or from where did u hear u should not use the 360 on HDTV's (im just curious)

anyway, hope this helps.

3. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

I have a rear projection HDTV only goes to 1080i. 360 games look great and yeah why would someone say not to play 360 games on HDTV?

When buying a HDTV keep in mind retail stores will set the graphics lower on the cheaper models to make the more expensive ones look like better deals.

4. RANBO

RANBO Member

5. RANBO

RANBO Member

one guy over heard me talking about it in the store and said dont do it,he said he started to get jumping lines in his tv so i dont know on the other hand i got two guy that play 360 on there tv nothing happen so far, but the guy in best buy said it depends on the tv brand and price i guess you get what you pay for [thanks for the reply]

6. Leech83

Leech83 Member

hello again, he possibly just had a bad connection and did'nt know what her was talking about.

Large retail companies employ any1 and evry1, despite the amount of knowledge they have.

I one went into a PC store (in the UK) and asked a staff member the "response time" of a specific monitor, he replied "uuhhh, i dont know what that is"

but back to your question, the HDTV really does give a better experience for the xbox360. (just my opinion though)

hope this all helped.