1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing hd dvd from computer to hdtv

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by shabre, Feb 7, 2007.

1. shabre

shabre Member

Could a guy theoritcaly play a hd dvd from the computer and run it to my samsung dlp hdtv?

I know it sounds like a dumb question, just curious though

Also, could I run my computer wirelessly to my tv through firewire?

Thanx,

Shane

2. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

Yes you can. I downloaded like 7 HD-DVDs and feed them though 32 inch LCD via VGA.

3. shabre

shabre Member

how do you feed through vga?

4. VidJunkie

VidJunkie Member

For shabre:

There are VGA to component adapters (and cables) that are not expensive. This will allow you to connect your video card's output to your HDTV's component inputs. You will have handle the audio separately, but you could connect your sound card's output to the HDTV audio inputs, or use the speakers that are attached to your sound card. Of course you will have to select video card settings to match your HDTV's resolution, which depends on what your video card will support.

The real challange is getting HD quality content from an HD-DVD to the video card. Will a dual-layer DVD drive read an HD-DVD? ...or do you need a special drive? ...what type of file structure is there?

Your next challange is finding a video player that can read the HD-DVD data and send it to your video card. If you are successful at this (or even if you are not), please report whatever you learn to this thread for the benefit of the rest of us.

For plutonash:

How do you download an HD-DVD? Do you end up with a .iso, or a .avi, or something else? What is the filesize?

For All:

I have spent much time hunting for information on various websites and forums related to playing HD quailty video directly from a hard drive to an HDTV, using various methods. Mostly what I have been able to learn is that many people are looking for the same information, and no one seems to have the answers. We are all trailblazing new territory. If we share what we learn, we can all get closer to our goal. There are many different threads on this forum that address different aspects of this topic. I have posted replies to several threads on this forum. We really need a common thread to share what we learn.

5. error5

error5 Regular member

Pardon me but I don't get this part. You want to go wireless but you also want to use firewire - which is a wired connection. I'm just not sure what you mean.