1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing .img

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by BigPaul06, Nov 1, 2004.

1. BigPaul06

BigPaul06 Guest

i jst finished downloading a .img off of bittorrent. now i dont know how to get it to play. ive already tried burning an image with nero, reading it as an image with alcohol 120, and dvd decryptoy since u guys spoke highly about it. what am i supposed to do with this img. please help me soon because i must have this watched by 2morrow for school. thanks

2. vertigo17

vertigo17 Member

hi, this happened to me too. i figured it out. if you have alcohol 120% installed, just go into the program's properties under the "general tab" then "shell extension" tab. check the box for "other extensions" and then type into the box: img. all lower case no periods or anything else. just img. then, click "ok". you should now be able to mount using alcohol to watch and your software dvd player should recognize the image to play. you will also now be able to burn with alcohol to dvd. let me know if this helps. it worked for me. just remember to check that box and type img.

3. nizmad

nizmad Member

Hey virtigo17 i've just tried that and alcohol120% say's "please select a file recognised by alcohol120% to be played" where am i going wrong bro?