1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing in standalone player/PC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chored, Jan 19, 2003.

1. chored

chored Member

Hi, I've just recently got a DVD burner and none of the DVD's I've tried to backup have worked in my PC (using Sigma DVD Station) or a friends standalone. The strange thing is the discs work fine in my Playstation 2. Just wondered if anyone could suggest what I'm doing wrong. The process I've been using is:

Rip the DVD with SmartRipper (backup mode)
    Split the DVD with ifoedit, then correct the VTS Sectors. I have then been burning the DVDs with Nero 5.5.10.0 (One I burnt in Video DVD mode, the other as an ISO/UDF).

If anyone can suggest why the PS2 can read it and play it but the software on my PC and the standalone can't that would be useful.

2. malum

malum Regular member

I understand (from reading here) that 5.5.10 has a bug in it. I certainly couldn't get a working DVD out of it, go back to 5.9.9 until they fix it.

3. chored

chored Member

I've gone back to Nero 5.5.9.0 and burnt the disc as a plain UDF. I'm still getting the same problem, my PS2 can read it and play it fine but the software on my PC won't recognise the disc. Does anyone know of any differences between the way Playstation 2 reads DVDs and the way a PC would?

4. malum

malum Regular member

Do you know that the standalones you have tried are compatible with DVD-R's?