1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing iso files in a chosen application

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Epoch04, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Epoch04

Epoch04 Member

I already know how to convert an avi to an iso that will auto-play. My question is, is there a way to get the iso to play in a particular media player? As it is, when I put the iso in the disc reader, it starts the default media player, which doesn't necessarily deal with a particular codec. How can I insert a command to have it automatically play in the media player I wish?

2. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

If you are using Windows, you can hold down <Ctrl> and right click the .iso file. A pop up menu will allow you to choose 'open with' and from there you select the program you want. There also is a box you can check to let the computer know to always open .iso files with the program you chose. However, Windows often ignores your choices. The other thing you can do is open your .iso media play, click 'play' or 'open' from the drop down 'file' menu and select the .iso file you want to play. Or, you can right click on the .iso file and choose 'open with' from the menu that appears.